Honda Civic Type R!

I’ve been looking at all of the options for when I need to change my Alfa 156 …and other than another Alfa I still keep getting drawn back to the current, not new shape, Honda Civic Type R!
Has anyone on here got one or owned one and what are your thoughts on it?

Tinny, lightweight and the air con is crap.

Russ, i’d rather you said what you really think instead of beating around the bush!

Skittish, don’t ride bumps well.

Russ, i’d rather you said what you really think instead of beating around the bush!

We went to test one when the Boss needed a car. It was bloody quick and the engine sounded good, but she ended up with a Golf. After testing the Golf, the Civic seemed kind of cheap (in a “you are nothing but a cheap, two-bit haw” kind of way rather than a “my goodness, this Honda engine is cheap to run, as it never blows up” kind of way.

You, however, may be into two-bit haws, so it is horses for courses really.

Oh, and after the Exige, the Civic is like a Rolls.

You, however, may be into two-bit haws, so it is horses for courses really.

CHEEKY!!!

Driven a couple before i bought my Rs Focus-the only good thing about them was the noise and the fact the don’t brake much! The RS was a fantasic car compared to it. I would sooner have an Leon Cupra R/182 cup/trophy(even thought i don’t like clio’s). but drive one and see what you think.

Looks like i’ll be sticking with my Italian Beauty then!!!

Test drove one a while back and was less than impressed. After the salesman tried to give me a bollocking for deviating from his set test drive route i got to take the civic down some roads in the arse end of nowhere that i knew very well. To be honest I wish i haddnt wasted my time, or sat through the verbal from the sales chimp. The ride was terrible when asked to cover some serious B road tarmac. Infact the setup on the car was so bad i had the back end step out twice due to the road surface. Even my mini cooper s could romp down the very same road at a far greater pace with no problems at all. When i asked the car to press on there was simply no life in the engine below 6k rpm and once the car is on song it sounds like you have a screaming child under the hood. At the end of the test drive the only positive comment i could make was that the dash mounted gearstick was awesome. A good positive shift that felt very natural.

Take one out for a test drive, just dont expect it to be any good!

Even my mini cooper s could romp down the very same road at a far greater pace with no problems at all.

But that’s a great handling car about the same price isn’t it?

Ian

Even my mini cooper s could romp down the very same road at a far greater pace with no problems at all.

But that’s a great handling car about the same price isn’t it?

Ian

Maybe but im not an estate agent or a hairdresser!

I had two.
The first I wrote off, but it was a good car (02reg). The engine and gearbox are the dog’s danglies IMO although it does geta bit tiresome having to rev the arse off it to go anywhere if you’re a bit knackered etc.
The second one had major problems (03 reg)- steering was sticking and wouldn’t self-centre and lacked any feeling, the rear end was underdamped beyond belief and, like someone said above, would step out all day long. Plus the dealers were generally ****.
Personally I would now go back and look at the Focus RS which I discounted because of the reviews (torque-steer etc), and you’d have a car which will depreciate ata glacial rate!!
Or a clio trophy

the civics are nice motors, but if i was you id get a nice example dc-2 integra for the same money, you wont be dissapointed, for a front wheel drive its very impressive, you’ll pull on the civic in a straight line, and as soon as you hit bends, your gone!

Found myself beating r32 golfs, marginally loose to an sti 8 in a straight, but absolutely kill him round the bends, anyway id get the integra without any doubt!

heres a pic of my last car:

[image]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/jaywoodings/320701193_l.jpg[/image]

Get one mate! i know you wana!

jay