Hmmm

Bought my Exige from Wilson’s in Chadwell Heath in March of this year. It has the 190 upgrade and included the original exhaust and cat as part of the sale. However, when I collected the car the sales guy informed me that they needed a cat to get themselves out of a problem and had given it to another customer, and that a new one was on order. Unsurprisingly, it still hasn’t arrived, they told me in April that the part is no longer available from Lotus and that they are sourcing one from another supplier.Would Lotus have stopped supplying such a part ?I have also been without the car for around 7 weeks whilst they resprayed the front after excessive paint chipping problems - the paint was so soft you could flick it off with your fingernail. Their bodyshop disputed the paint problem until 3rd party opinions and a representative from DuPont suggested otherwise, it’s now as good as new.It’s also great to have it back !

quote:Originally posted by X50CET:they told me in April that the part is no longer available from Lotus and that they are sourcing one from another supplier.Would Lotus have stopped supplying such a part ? Don’t look up - you may see a pig flying above you [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]I may be wrong, but I thought the cat was a standard Elise item.Try Duncan Johnson at [email protected], I think he has a couple of “pre-owned” cats.