history??

Hi there
does any one know the history of the car on auto trader …silver x reg 30.000 miles �15750 looks like its up in scotland.

An Exige? In one piece? For under �16k?!

Link here

Even one from a dealer (South West Lotus) for under �20k.

but is it any good?? its a long way for me to take a look.

Northee

I think this car belongs to the “owner” of Knockhill circuit. No doubt, Rox, Uldis or Ally will confirm (or not!), & may know some details.

Seems bloody cheap though

Northee

I think this car belongs to the “owner” of Knockhill circuit. No doubt, Rox, Uldis or Ally will confirm (or not!), & may know some details.

It may be the owner of the Knockhill kart circuit’s car. It’s certainly pictured in the paddock at Knockhill.

The only thing I can remember about the car is that the engine went pop a year or two ago and was rebuilt.

The guy might have a new toy imminent and needs to part company with the exige??

Mike

Sorry, never seen it myself at the tracks or road.
Mike seems to know far more.

But, can’t believe the price! Heck, if I had some spare change…

just takes me an age to buy a car you may know that i have been looking a long time. I also know about turbotomato’s engine re build price which cleaned him out! even if the car was five grand i would still not be sure…

Buy it for �16k and put a Honda/Duratec in it and you’ve still got a good deal!

Peasky could be his but I thought that it had a trick interior including special recovered seats…thought they would have been mentioned in the ad…well cheap.

Northee

Northee

AFAIK, as Mike Niven says, it looks to be Ross Macgregors car - he runs the karting at KH.

As Uldis says, i’ve never seen it on track at KH, but i have seen it parked up and its a bit rough round the gills. However, it depends what you want and for sure its a good price - i bet you could also haggle a lot and get it for much less as well.

So if you really can’t afford >�20k for a class 1 example (‘cause that’s where they seem to be sitting at the mo’ – good for us methinks !! ) and were prepared to spend a few �k on paint and mechanicals (Duratec/Honda as mentioned above) then you might get a relative bargain?

I have never seen ANY exige offered at this kid of money (EVOSAL excluded ) so… as they say… the choice is yours…

Has it got an engine? I was offered �23k PX against an Elise 111R at the we for my 20k miles Exige (without haggling) - I was miffed at their derisory offer

had i chat on the phone with the guy and yes your right it is ross,and i asked him to e mail me some snaps of his car he said its not been on track and its standard with FLSH and not had any engine re build work
.he did say it had a very little bit of stone chip damage on the car .As for an engine change if it needs one i would walk away. He said he has a exige2 on the way…

So do you think this sounds like a good buy??

I can’t see why not (famous last words).

Ian

Well, I got mine for only a touch more than that, body work in pretty good nick but had done plenty of track miles. I brought it on the premise that it would need some work here and there but generally it’s been good and it’s f**king great now that the misfire’s gone!!!

Still drives lovely, is now about 25k miles… I just can’t stop driving it about!!!

I’d say go and try it at least, if the engine sounds very ropey and “loose” then walk away.

just wonder why he did not trade it in on his new exige?
not got the pics yet so will just wait and see, will put them up on here if i can
not in any hurry to buy so if i let it go its no big deal.

its standard with FLSH and not had any engine re build work

This car has had a bottom end rebuild, I know because I saw its internals spread across a workshop, as to why Ross hasn’t disclosed this I’m not sure but it maybe because the repair wasn’t carried by a Lotus dealer, and that some of the parts required came off a very low mileage second hand engine, think they might have changed the block. But the guy that owns and runs the garage is an Ex McLaren F1 engineer and seems to know what he’s talking about.
I dont think Russ has had any problems since the rebuild, which was about 18 months, 2 years ago.
Think the car has been for sale for about 5 weeks and set off at �17-18k

Dave

but is it any good?? its a long way for me to take a look.

If you can find out if Ross is up at Knockhill over the weekend, I could go and have a look at it for you, not a mechanical expert but could give you a general idea of the condition of the car.

Dave