Hight from body to ground

Hi im new to the forum.I was wondering about, how many cm is it between the front body and the ground, can you drive on speed bumps with it?my english isnt very good sorry:-(

I don’t know the measurement, but I’ve never had any problem with speed bumps.

Nor me!Mike

135mm

ok thanks for help

It’s more of a problem coming out of petrol stations!

When Stratton delivered mine I specified to raise the front poiler as the road I live in is blighted with Speedbumps every 20 yards.The front static ride height is at 140mm, so if 135mm is standard then it seems there is not much further it can go.I seem to manage with most speedbumps though, I’ve not found one I couldn’t get over yet!Jon.

"It’s more of a problem coming out of petrol stations!"That a reference to my front splitter damage? [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/blush.gif[/image]It was entering the garage - after I scrawped it I reversed out and came straight home in a huff. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/mad.gif[/image]Have to say Peter Smiths did a great job sticking me a new one. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]But I’m now paranoid about speed bumps; road works; and field mice on the road.Just be careful out there…Cheers, Timbo

I’ve not had problems with Speed Bumps, although watch out for the Camber in the Road when turning into drives - I had to get the entrance to my parking space built up so I could get the car in - the joys of Exige ownership [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

Nightmare - my deep-seated fear of speed bumps is becoming a reality. Up until now the only one near my gaff was one of those flat topped jobbies that isn’t a problem if you take it veeeeeerrrry…slooowwwwwwly. But now shed-loads of white lines marking out speed bumps have appeared all over the place - some are the flat tops - but most are those double ones with gaps in the middle - so called “ambulance friendly” - can some kind soul reassure me that I’m not going to ground anything out on them?Otherwise I’m not going to be able to get off my road to a main road and will have to content myself with reversing onto the drive; revving the engine for a while, and then driving back into the garage.Obviously this is simply not acceptable.Cheers, Tim

Timthe road to my mothers house has those “ambulance” versions and I have never had a problem if a staddle the two bumps - not advisable when there is an “ambulance” coming the other way though …

Cheers Miniman - I SHALL go to the ball.Can’t understand this fascination local councils have for traffic calming - a few years ago they widened the pavement every 50 yards on the main street and stuck in a few mini roundabouts for good measure - it’s not so much traffic calming - more like congestion creating. As for all the poxy speed bumps they’re building just to stop one or two max power muppets that sound way louder than they’re actually travelling - well it really gets my dander up.Annoyed of Chapel-en-le-frith(Tim)

There is set of speed bumps in Banbury near where I live, that I have to go up and down at an angle. Driving straight at them ground the front!.Oh the joys of picking up a Curry on a Friday night!

I used to approach the lego brick speed humps in my road by going up on one wheel, but after a year or so I had to have the bushes replaced in the anti roll bar because the constant speed hump induced movement wore them down - take note!!

Now I replace my number plate bracket every now and then - it’s only about ten quid!!

Anybody tried taking them in reserve and accelerating hard to stop it crashing down on the front splitter? No??

Ian

My front splitter measures 95mm from the ground (with new tyres), as far as I know the suspension is completely standard. I can get over most speed bumps but speed calming ramps are a problem, a slow angled approach is required. Single track roads in Scotland tend to throw a few unwelcome surprises, but so far there are just a few scrapes below.

Anyone confirm a lower front splitter height or is it just mine, would be useful to gain another 30mm.

Kerry

The factory does not post any height for the front spoiler, however, they do for a stock car. Assuming you have the stock suspension, the factory specifications are:

Front - 112mm below front end of chassis side rail
Rear - 122mm below rear end of chassis side rail

The stiffer you go with your springs, the lower you can go without rubbing (wheel archs). The Motorsport specs are:

Front - 100mm
Rear - 110mm

Hope this helps.

Roy