High Mileage

Anyone got any views on the subject of high mileage?
I’ve seen a 2005/05 black S2 N/A Exige but it has 50,000 miles recorded. FLSH but I seem unable to get any history of the cars useage since new.
Most of the cars I’ve looked at have very low mileage in comparison but then the purchase price reflects this.

I would not be overly concerned unless it has been tracked to death…

Personally i would not mind a few miles…
Ironically it can protect you from the niggling faults that occur in the fist couple of years…or the recalls that inevitabily happen…

Things like gearbox niggles may appear in the first 40 k …
then for the next 100 k you may have trouble free motoring …

Depends on how the car was treated early on of course

Depends on your budget,intended use/mileage mate.

There are loads of n/a Exiges for sale around at the moment - I would definately get one with a service history (as has the one you mention), & with a lower mileage than 50K. It might be perfectly fine, but then again…

Thanks for the tips.
I remember in one of the previous posts someone said, “Don’t be in a hurry to buy, if you wait then your perfect exige will become available”
or words to that effect. My eyes will remain open and firmly fixed on t’interweb.

There is a guy on seloc who recently supercharged his s2 with 50k on the clock, so i would not be put off if the price is right!

There is a guy on seloc who recently supercharged his s2 with 50k on the clock, so i would not be put off if the price is right!

Means nowt that, mate, as it’s not proven in any normal test of reliability yet (that particular installation I mean). 12 months hard use will give some indication on that score - hope it works out okay, but until then…

Agreed, I didnt mean it in that way though, as what i meant was that people seem to think that an exige on 50k is “past it” and in reality a well serviced/looked after 50k exige will certainly have plenty of life left.
So basically i just wanted to point out that if people are willing to spend ���’s on supercharging a high miler then they must have confidence in the engine.

It was me who supercharged his 54k engine and I don’t drive like miss daisy thanks. It’s used everyday and is regularly given the beans. The car is serviced twice a year and is well looked after (by Steve Williams & Sinclaires). Anything that needs doing gets done with no expense spared.

Worst case the engine goes bang and I get another put in for a few grand, no big deal. It’s a lot better than kissing 23 grand away to upgrade to a new S240.

I’m happy, its fast and puts a smile on my face - thats all that matters. The brakes and nitrons were the biggest difference on track, night and day IMHO.

No probs, Mark

I agree, 50k on a modern engine is absolutly nothing. Especially when it is pushing along a car that is probably half the weight of the car it was designed to pull.

Especially when it is pushing along a car that is probably half the weight of the car it was designed to pull.

Pushing… pulling, make yer friggin’ mind up, man! You need to get that well sorted before 28th March!

Well it Pushes and Exige and it Pulls a Celica, so actually you old sod, I was bang on!!!

Do you have something against brummies or somat, you seem to be very argumentative with us quiet midland folk!

Oh and I am all sorted for the 28th and if not I will call on Russ to stand in!!

Oh and I am all sorted for the 28th and if not I will call on Russ to stand in!!

Well mate, you must be well sorted then, otherwise you wouldn’t even consider him as a stand in(even though he’s a genuine Northerner!)