Hi

Hi all,
Just got a 2008 Starlight Black Elise SC and just love it. Its purely going to be a toy as I’ve got a lovely 17 year old Audi avant for the mundane stuff.
I like to do my own servicing and maintenance so very interested in technical/how to topics.
Also want to do some track days and get some driver coaching asap.
Cheers,
Gareth

Hi Gareth, welcome to the friendly forum.

Have a good search through the forum, most topics on how to service, modify and maintain are here. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Quite a few here do track days, keep your eyes peeled.

Driver training, I’d recommend the Lotus Academy. Worth every penny.

Welcome, good choice - get some pictures and a thread up in Owners Cars if you’re going to be tinkering :thumbup:

Morning Gareth ( 0450 I noted your post! )

Good to have you on here. As johnfishcurtis said any questions or comments fire away. We generally dont bite :thumbup:

Hi Gareth,

You will enjoy your new toy.
Join Lotus on Track and book a session at one of the less challenging tracks ( they will advise you on what is suitable).
You can hire the trainer ( do it when you book and perhaps book two sessions).
Car Limits are good, but with your name, unless you’ve emigrated, it could be a long trip.
I did Lotus Academy on a couple of times way back and it was an experience, but in reflection I’d suggest there are maybe better ways to get full on experience. However, if you are starting from scratch, doing the Bronze experience , or whatever they call it now, is reasonable.
Many private trainers, possibly about £300-350 day. Personally I’d vouch for Ollie Hancock

Welcome to ownership. Car sounds lovely, show us some pics :sunglasses: