Hi!

Hi,
I’ve been lurking around in the shadows for a few months now so I thought it best to emerge and say hi!

I bought my first Lotus which was one of the second batch of the Sport 135’s in 2002. I owned the car for about 3 years and I absolutely loved it, I had so much fun in it! I only sold the car as I needed the money for a deposit for my first house.

I’ve always loved the S2 Exige, the look, the form, the performance etc and I always said to myself that I would buy one when the time was right. Fast forward to 2017 and a bought a metallic grey 2004 190 S2. I spent quite a bit of money on this car as the rad went on the way back from buying it :roll_eyes: and I had the air con fixed when the rad was replaced. I also did the soft top conversion myself which transformed the car, best of both worlds!

In 2018 I then happened upon an advert for a British GT Special which for me is the best colour combo. I did the wrong thing in going to see it as I ended up buying it! :smile:. So the 190 went up for sale and the car ended up going to Italy to a really nice chap who swapped out the Toyata engine for a supercharged K20 Honda unit pumping out 400bhp, all done by himself! :sunglasses:

I absolutely love the GT Special, this particular car has all the optional extras from new. Plus in 2012 the then owner spent an absolute fortune having the car spec’d as a 260 Cup so it’s got most of the features the Cup has. Plus loads of additional carbon fibre goodies :+1:

I’m looking forward to getting out a bit more as the CV19 starts to decline and meet up with some other Lotus enthusiasts! :sunglasses::+1:

Super-looking cars! Thanks for joining us

:thumbup: Welcome

Looks a sorted car, any interior or engine pics? What’s the full spec?

Looks great, is it me or is the rear spoiler at a much steeper angle to normal?

I’ll sort some photos/spec out tomorrow :+1:

Preview: Re: Hi!
The car was fitted with the full GT Option Pack when new so ohlins 2 way dampers, Accusump, AP Racing brakes, LSD, braided hoses, T45 roll hoop, the list goes on.

Additional work in 2012 carries out by Lotus Motorsport, full roll cage and harnesses, chassis brace kit, structural under tray, heavy duty gear change cables, heavy duty engine mounts, larger fuel tank, 240 to 260 upgrade carried out, light weight flywheel, TRD clutch plate/cover fitted, light weight battery, extended roof scoop, sport cat, fire extinguisher and electric kill switches and all fitted/plumbed in, the list goes on tbh.

CF bits, centre console, wing mirror covers, dash pod cover, side air pods/intakes, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear spoiler.

Yep it’s an adjustable CF spoiler, Elise-Shop I believe.

Awesome, thanks for posting. Yes more details required on the spoiler I think, looks like your car is ready to pull a wheelie :mrgreen:

Great looking car!

:smile: various photos, specs to follow.

I’m going to swap out the current 2bular exhaust with a Hanger 111 Signature one that I have as the 2bular is too tame for me. I was thinking about fitting a TRD or ITG induction kit but I don’t want to start having issues.

Phwoar that’s a bit good.

My h111 signature twin exit isnt exactly loud…

Oh that’s a bit disappointing, how about a twin exit Larini?

I havent got personal experience with it , but as I understand its a bit loud!

Sorry still getting used to this site, I think I’ve put the following somewhere else in this thread! :smile::smile:

The car was fitted with the full GT Option Pack when new so ohlins 2 way adjustable dampers, Accusump, AP Racing brakes, LSD, braided hoses, T45 roll hoop, the list goes on.

Additional work in 2012 carries out by Lotus Motorsport, full roll cage and harnesses, chassis brace kit, structural under tray, heavy duty gear change cables, heavy duty engine mounts, larger fuel tank, 240 to 260 upgrade carried out, light weight flywheel, TRD clutch plate/cover fitted, light weight battery, extended roof scoop, sport cat, fire extinguisher and electric kill switches and all fitted/plumbed in, the list goes on tbh.

CF bits, centre console, wing mirror covers, dash pod cover, side air pods/intakes, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear spoiler.

Ah ok thanks, I’ll have to do some investigating :+1:

Wowsers! fantastic spec :+1::smiley: & welcome
Interior is similar to mine but I don’t have the full cage or plumbed in fire extinguishers.

Would be surprised if it’s not already got a TRD filter, post a few pics of the air box If possible, the two half’s are slightly different if it has.

Liking all those carbon goodies too,

Thanks for posting.

If you are anywhere near me in SYorks you are welcome for a listen of my H111S system

Thanks Dean :+1:

Do you also have a GT?

This is the best photo I could take, can you tell from the photo? :thinking: If not I’ll try and take another one when the cars outside.

I appreciate the offer Andy but I’m in Southampton :slightly_frowning_face:

Do you know if they’re many members down my way, do they get together for runs/meets?

Wow! That certainly looks good - I did briefly think about a GT car when looking to get an Exige S2 a few months ago, but removed it from my list as I was keen on a later car. Looks like it was a mistake to do so…

Looks lovely, and has all the right ‘bits’ from the factory. Were all the carbon bits standard, like the Cup cars, or were they retro fitted?