Hi im new around here......

Hello ive been lurking around here for getting on two years now, reading post, gathering info and enjoying the pics you guys post of your cars.

Finally due to a change of job im almost ready to buy an Exige. It was N/A only when I first started looking at Exiges but with the S available now the decision to pay the premium for the supercharger is a difficult one to make.

Ive driven both and obviously the S feels quicker but having owned 2 Civic Type R’s previously I also like the idea of the high reving N/A approach…

It seems opinons are divided which is the best, and Im certainly finding it hard to decide which to go for…oh and dont get me started on which colour I should buy…

Anyway just wanted to say hello, and thankyou for keeping me going during the long wait its been…

hello

Hi go for the S you will not regret it, value might keep better too…I did say might lol.

Depends on what you want the car for and how much money you have.

if you buy a NA for 23k and spend 7k on it thats 30k which is the same as an 2nd hand S.

on track the S would wonder where the NA had gone !!!

if you can buy an S and have another 7k to throw at it then buy an S.

If your only a road user and dont want to spend any money on either car buy an S.

The S revs to the same rpm as the NA car so if you like hign revs the S will not dissapoint. Where the S impresses though is that it starts to push all the way from low revs and just gets stronger and stronger. Some SC cars seem to run out of breath at high revs but the S just keeps on revving. I actually think the toyota is a good basis to supercharge as the mid range gets filled out and the engine can still breath at the top end.

As for what you get for your money, because used NA cars are so cheap you can buy one and aftermarket supercharge it, for the same amount of money as an S. However the S is the first rung on the forced induction ladder it can be improved in the future. But its fair to say an aftermarket SC car would be faster than a std S.

Of course if we are comparing going fast for a given amount of cash, an S1 exige with a Honda conversion would would faster than them both…and a Catreham fster still…and a Radical even faster etc etc…i think you get my drift.

I must admit if i was in the market for a used exige i would get an NA car and a Bemani conversion. If i was in the market for a new exige i would (as i did) get an S and keep an eye on the various upgrades that are available once the warranty runs out.

…komo tec are offering 282 hp for just over 3,000 pounds at moment for the S. A friend has this conversion and is very impressed loosing nothing to 997 Gt3s on the climb up from Bergwerk at the Ring…if it remains problem free till next spring, i would seriously consider it.

Thanks for the replies.

Plenty of things to think about, ive got about 32K max to spent so an S is an option its just wheather I want to go to the top of my budget to get into one.

Had been thinking about the option of buying an N/A and supercharging myself…not too sure need to research this option more.

Ian

supercharging will cost you at least 7k, then depending on the spec of the car you buy you could end up spending a LOT more!!
trust me i know!

marc.

Hi Ian, thinking of following you to Exige ownership too (Penfish from CTRO). I can’t get the S2 Exige out of my head. Good luck with your search, personally I’m looking for an 04-05 S2 Ezige.

Hi Ian, thinking of following you to Exige ownership too (Penfish from CTRO). I can’t get the S2 Exige out of my head. Good luck with your search, personally I’m looking for an 04-05 S2 Ezige.

Hi mate, small world. I started with the idea of spending 25k max but after driving an S I would be forever regreating not stumping up the extra. Its proving difficult hanging on a few extra months to save the extra deposit.

Had another go in an S at JCT600 in leeds at the weekend,I cant get over the performance, big grin acceleration especially 1st and 2nd.

You cant have got bored of the ST with all that power its producing??

Ian

Hi mate, small world. I started with the idea of spending 25k max but after driving an S I would be forever regreating not stumping up the extra. Its proving difficult hanging on a few extra months to save the extra deposit.

Had another go in an S at JCT600 in leeds at the weekend,I cant get over the performance, big grin acceleration especially 1st and 2nd.

You cant have got bored of the ST with all that power its producing??

Ian

I can’t fault the ST on the road especially with circa 300bhp but my passion for cars lies on track where the Focus is merely mediocre on UK race circuits although performes well on the Nordschleife.

The plan is to buy an early S2 Exige, mainly becuase it’s a little easier to live with than the S1 (although I think the S1 is the better looking car), prefer the few creature comforts and the more reliable engine (no evidence, just assumption). Maybe even keep it long term and put a K20A in it as I miss that engine especially on track.

Hi Shadowalker
I have also been on here for a while now and looking to buy…the orange demo S at JCT600 is also swaying me in the direction of a supercharged car rather than an NA. They did have a 2nd hand orange supercharged one in a few weeks ago for about �33k.

Have you looked at the NA orange car that is for sale (private seller) in Leeds? Its on pistonheads at the moment.

Cheers
Dave

Get the S. No two ways about it! You will not regret it. I have just got one and it just blows me away every time I drive it.

Get the S. No two ways about it! You will not regret it. I have just got one and it just blows me away every time I drive it.

I see you’re from Watford, if you’re free one day you don’t fancy showing me what an Exige S can do?

Ian, what quotes have you been getting for your Exige and who with?

I just tested the water with an 05 Exige and got a quote of �910 with Elephant. I pay that now on my Focus

Ian, what quotes have you been getting for your Exige and who with?

I just tested the water with an 05 Exige and got a quote of �910 with Elephant. I pay that now on my Focus

About �1300 for an Exige S, 23, only 2 years no claims due to company car diving. Didnt think that was too bad, wasnt paying to far off that for the CTR.

If I had 32k cash right now and was looking I would still get a N/A Exige. I’ve just upgraded my brakes and suspension and was having a lot of fun gunning down 911’s and similar cars on track the other week. For �5k you can have killer brakes and suspension which will make you a lot faster on track than an Exige S. I’d spend the rest on driver training.

I have 190 horses and am not ashamed to admit it…