Hi from Italy :)

Hi guys, I don’t know exactly what to say to introduce myself…

I’ve started with an S2 Elise 122cv in 2002 as my first car at 18 yo and that was the spark of my passion that grew over the years. I’ve owned it for just 2 years but it was an incredible driving school.
in 2014, after 2 years of nothing (no sport cars as all the years before, I mean) I decided to break the chastity and found a very beautiful Exige S2 PP240 with a lot of great mods (ohlins, 2010 cup wheels, big intercooler, 2-11 ECU etc) which I bought and let the love begin.
Today, 2 and half years later, I’d say it’s maybe too much powerful to enjoy the purity and the equilibrium that I’ve been used to appreciate in my older Lotus experiences, but I also have to say it has an aggressiveness that I adore, enjoy and respect.
I’d like to bring it on track at least a couple of times per year, but unfortunately I have very little time to use it and I try to compensate the lack of trackdays with proper road use (fast one, when possible).

But even if my S2 is a very complete car with very few things to blame, the Exige S1 has always been in my heart as a unicorn I’d try to own one day.
Then, after a month of deep research, few weeks ago I found and fell in love with something very close to… a 111S Elise with a motorsport kit. It looks almost exactly like a S1 Exi, it goes almost exactly the same way (the VVC has been a bit tuned) but its lower cost let me keep both the cars.
Infact, I couldn’t afford an original S1 Exi as addition to my S2, neither I could sell my S2 to “jump in the dark” with a S1 Exi only ownership.

I like to take care of them by myself, I think owning these toys requires getting dirty hands sometimes…
I’m here because I’ve seen many respectable and admirable Exige owners that I’ll try to learn from.

Thank you and ciao!
Alberto

Welcome sir; that’s a very nice garage to have.

Great. Welcome aboard. Look a lovely pair

Welcome to Exiges. :wave:

That’s a great introduction thank you. Both you’re cars look fantastic, I have an S1 albeit in bits but I’d love another NA S2 again one day.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Benvenuto a exiges.com Alberto

Ciao Alberto and Wow Alberto!

What a fantastic garage you have. I bet both your cars get a lot of attention in Italy!!

I recall driving my BMW M-Coupe down through Italy and that got a lot of positive attention, so either of your Lotus must be off of the chart :sunglasses: