Hi from Dubai

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker finally managed to join the team. I’ve just imported an S1 Exige into Dubai from Holland. Always loved them and have wanted one for a long time. I’m a life long Lotus fan. I’ve also currently got a 1990 Elan SE and a 2016 Evora 400. New Car is a 2001 in Aluminium. Totally stock. Was originally RHD but was converted to LHD by Wilsons Lotus in Essex. Its got 34K miles on it and the last owner in Holland (amazing 75 year old guy named Frans had had it for 17 years). Only arrived a couple of days ago but it was love at first drive. Its a non aircon car (yeah I know in Dubai) so it will be winter drives and night times only. Planning to keep it completely stock and as mint as possible, butte already started looking at bits :slight_smile: . As winter is coming fast here, we’ve already a few track days planned with the Lotus Owners Club in Dubai. I think… its currently the only S1 Exige in the UAE (but you never know what’s lurking in someones collection here). There are a few 340Rs knocking around but I’ve never seen an S1.

Will upload a few photos soon.

JE5TER

Sounds like fun! If you need any bits exporting from the UK to UAE I have experience of doing so and can handle that part for you.

Will do you doing YAS or Dubai Autodrome?

Thanks Andy, hoping to do both but I can be out of my garage and onto the track in the Autodrome in <5 mins so that will be my local track :thumbup:

Welcome - look forward to seeing pictures of a S1 with Dubai as a backdrop :+1:

Thanks I’ll get some posted as soon as my Google Cloud account stops having a moment :laughing:

You can upload here FOC using the little button to the left of mention and right of “normal”

Didn’t even spot that link… Thanks Andy :thumbup:

That looks fantastic … you must be one of the farthest from U.K. owners for an Exige :sunglasses::+1:

Given the supercar loving nature of Dubai and how many nice cars are there does it get noticed?

Many car enthusiast here actually pride rarity over cost… so its getting a lot of attention :slight_smile:
A lot of people have zero clue what it is until they get up close…

Hi JE5TER,

I’ve found your post while looking for Lotus in Dubai. Really nice car you have here !!
I’m here too, and been looking for an S2/S3 Elise for a few months now, but none has come up for sale that I liked. Might be going the import route if it’s not too much of a hassle.
I tried to PM you but can’t as I’ve just registered. If you can maybe we can continue this privately, I’d have a few questions.
Thanks,

Ben

PM’d you

[/quote]

PM’d you
[/quote]

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, that did not change a thing, I cannot reply to it either. :frowning:

Ben

Ben , you need more posts.

Hi,

Yeah, I understand this, but being a prospective owner, I felt I had very little to share in order to get the minimum number of posts. We managed to find a way to get in touch.

Thanks,

Ben