Hi all, newbie with questions...

Hi All,
Thought I shoould introduce myself now my membership has been approved. Been reading and lurking for a while but it’s the first post so HI!

I’m just about to order an S2 Exige and was wondering if some of you could help me out with a couple of queries?
I’m ordering the performance pack with aircon and metallic paint.
Is it true that if you have the harnesses you can not have the inertia belts as well? I don’t really want to loose these for everyday driving but want the sports seats.
Also the standard exhaust looks pants on the Exige but the sports one from Lotus is hidden. Are there any others out which can be fitted and look good?
Thanks in advance for the advice.

Matt B

Hi Matt, and welcome

I’m not sure about the harnesses/seat belt question. I belive some peoplefit both, but there’s some doubt about the safety of using the same mounting point for both. I’m sure it can be done properly, but you may need to choose the bolts carefully.

If you’d prefer to stay with an official exhaust system, you’ll find the Lotus stage 1 looks better that standard while still being visible (unlike the stage 2).

HERE’s a pic of AlanN’s 240R with the stage 1

There may be other systems available, but I’ve not looked into it.

Hi, you get both types of seat belt, so you still have the inertia ones for normal road driving, ask Davey_S1.

I have both the harnesses and interia belts fitted. There are a few exhaust options now, Miltek, Blue Flame, Janspeed…

Thanks all, thant’s good news about the belts. For some reason I heard that you would not get the inertia belts with the performance pack.
I will have to look into the exhaust situation. The standard one just sounds too quiet for me.
Would fitting a Janspeed or other affect the warranty as it’s not a Lotus part?
Thanks again.
Matt B

Yes I have both harnesses and 3 point inertia belts in mine.

The harnesses can be a real pain on short trips.

I think the Stage 2 looks great on the Exige. Its not totally hidden and you can just see the pipes protruding. Besides IMO the car gives off enough ststements about its intent without needing any more agressive details.

I’m just about to order an S2 Exige and was wondering if some of you could help me out with a couple of queries?
I’m ordering the performance pack with aircon and metallic paint.
Is it true that if you have the harnesses you can not have the inertia belts as well? I don’t really want to loose these for everyday driving but want the sports seats.
Also the standard exhaust looks pants on the Exige but the sports one from Lotus is hidden. Are there any others out which can be fitted and look good?
Thanks in advance for the advice.

Matt B

Hi Matt

Personally, I’d ditch the air con and just wind the window down when it get’s hot. Wish I didn’t have it on mine.

I don’t find harnesses that bad at all (but there again I am from Yorkshire so am obviously a hero ) . If you slither down your seat a bit you can clip into them without having to slacken off and then slither back up. You can keep the left hand side straps clipped in as well when you get out, so there’s just 2 to do up.

Both the Lotus Stage 1 and 2 Exhausts look pretty nifty.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks again chaps, do any of you have a cat pipe fitted on your S2’s???

Matt, with regard to air con, you should really try it before you decide. Most folks would find it essential, particularly if you intend keeping the roof on

After all, it works really well, weighs all of 15kg & even shuts down under full throttle

Finally, if you intend to trade in the car sometime in the future you can bet the dealers will have a dim view of any Exige not specc’d with the air con.

HTH.

Tim.

Thanks again chaps, do any of you have a cat pipe fitted on your S2’s???

Apparently it doesn’t really help that much. Try a search for more info.

Ian

Thanks for the reply. I will do a search on the cat pipe thing.
I’m deffo gonna go for air con as I think is a worth while addition and I know I’ll use it when it’s hot.

Have to agree on this. Unless you like sitting in a sweaty furnace I reckon air con is essential, and that is coming from someone living in Scotland which is not exactly known for tropical temperatures. Air con in the Exige/111R seems far better than K series cars - well, it would be - its made by Toyota…

Mark

Matt, with regard to air con, you should really try it before you decide. Most folks would find it essential, particularly if you intend keeping the roof on

After all, it works really well, weighs all of 15kg & even shuts down under full throttle

Finally, if you intend to trade in the car sometime in the future you can bet the dealers will have a dim view of any Exige not specc’d with the air con.

HTH.

Tim.

Definately go for air con, it really helps especially when you are on track and its a hot day.

Dont bother with a CRP on the Toyota powered cars, just get a sports exhaust and a good induction system.

Come on, are you serious?

I don’t normally “cooperate” on S2 posts, but aircon on track?

You’ve got to be kidding me!

and I got grief about taking the roof off ?

Welcome to the gayer community

The last time I was at Donnington it was absolutely baking. Without air con I would have been able to stay out for about 10 minutes tops.

Yes I know it saps a bit of power but for the benefit of being able to stay out for a decent amount of time it was worth it.

No Factor 30 required for me Speedluvver

LOL…

will be down in Cardiff for the rally in a couple weeks… certainly to watch the start… you going to be around ?

Yes I know it saps a bit of power but for the benefit of being able to stay out for a decent amount of time it was worth it.

It saps no power under full throttle as the system shuts down to retain max available acceleration. That was designed in to the system from day 1 Enjoy

Tim.

I must get out more instead of replying to my own posts BUT…just to be controversial…

I wonder just how many S1 owners who have ditched the air con (& use the car on the road) would have done so if it actually worked as well as it does on the S2???

Tim.

Runs for cover

I wonder just how many S1 owners who have ditched the air con (& use the car on the road) would have done so if it actually worked as well as it does on the S2???

Very, very, very few. The S2 aircon is excellent, no question