Help needed

Please help me with a few questions
1/ when replacing the rad & condenser do you remove all the cover that surrounds it all or will it all fit back through the top in one piece
2/ Is a triple pass radiator a good investment on a road car ???
3/ what controls the air flow direction in side the car i been told to clean it now i have the clam off as i do not get any air on the windscreen
Thanks Paul

S1 or S2?

S2 sorry

1. You can do either. But the a/c condenser and oil cooler pipes are normally seized to the coolers. If you are just changing the radiator, then there is a way to leave the a/c rad in place. You need to cut a couple of holes in the rad surround, but not the end of the world. It’s much, much cheaper than changing all the pipes from engine to coolers, plus oil coolers, if you don’t have to.
  2. For a pure road car, not really TBH. I’d go Proalloy single pass. You may find you need to lift the rpm when stationary to cool the engine with a triple pass.
  3. There’s a vent baffle in the dash, that controls air flow to dash/feet. It’s easier to do now, but you may have to take off more than you currently have to access it.
    Where in Wiltshire are you? I’m near Trowbridge if you need a hand, let me know.

Nice one fella
its the Condenser that fell apart so that is what i am replacing & just changing the radiator while its apart :slight_smile:
I am in Westbury