HELP- Car will not accelerate

(Cross post also on SELOC)
Thought the car was running a bit lumpy the other day, took her out this morning and she wont accelerate when pushed. If i gently accelerate shes ok. The car ‘judders’ when you try to accelerate with more than half throttle and at stand still is running rough, you can hear dull popping sounds coming from the exhaust.
Has been outside in all this bad weather but never had a problem before like this.
Any ideas appreciated
Tanman

(Exige S2 54 plate BTW)

Is the MIL light on the dash ?

Sounds like it could be a misfire/ running on 3 cylinders

I agree. Mine did this when running on 3 the other week (as you would expect it to behave on 3 cylinders!)

But you should get a CEL / MIL light.

Or you have a bad vacuum leak?

Has one of the intercooler hoses popped off?

Yep does feel like its running on 3 cylinders although there is no mil light. Tony21K is going to help me tomorrow as he and a few on Seloc think it is damp.
Cheers for the replies

I saw a car (04 Exige) with similar symptoms and it was a blown fuse (that controlled the vvti) making it run rough.
Check the fuses on the bulkhead in the fusebox,from memory its on the firewall on the engine side roughly between the seats.

All sorted now (at least I assume you got home Andy ). As many thought, only firing on three cylinders but strangely no MIL. Fourth coil pack was plastered in oil and plug was barely in more than finger tight. Clean up, re-torque and all was well again.

All sorted now (at least I assume you got home Andy ). As many thought, only firing on three cylinders but strangely no MIL. Fourth coil pack was plastered in oil and plug was barely in more than finger tight. Clean up, re-torque and all was well again.

Ahh yes sorry, got home and went to sleep (the joys of getting old , just woke up )Thanks ever so much for helping me out today.

No worries Andy, not a prob. and cheers for the wine!