Hello !

…it has much more presents than the S1, and still manages to keep a clean sharp profile. Unlike the silly, chavesqe lumps, bumps and wings of the S1 .

Hence, it�s the S2 all the way.

Ok, I’ve got the Conch

[image]http://sherpaguides.com/florida/images/FL_queen_conch.jpg[/image]

Just like other exotica, the S2 looses some credibility/‘presents’ points when the S1 sneeks up behind it on track. And personally I’m not sold on dark blue sportscars of any type.

And hang on, you think the S1’s wing looks silly! Come on, at least it has something that can be called a wing! The S1 Exige is a different car from the S1 Elise, the S2 Exige has a harder time claiming that.

Ian

Ian

I�m not saying the S1 exige is an ugly car, just that the S2 is a more mature, elegant evolution of the S1. I like the fact that on road it doesn�t look like an out and out track weapon yet it still embodies all the core values that the S1�s styling displays.

I can however understand your objections to dark blue, I spent hours agonising over it, I thought about it for like 3 weeks, day after day, until I realised that there was no point thinking about it, the colour of an exige, much like the exige itself, is a decision that has to come from the heart, so can�t really be made until you are at Hethel specing the car. The reason I settled upon nightfall blue was that I figured it best showed off Russell Carr’s contours, and the dark colour furnished it with a somewhat menacing demeanour. Alternately, �polar blue� and �artic silver� were the other two favourites, I also figure �British racing green� would look nice, or maybe �krypton green� like Mr Richard Meaden�s.

All I can say is that ultimately, all of life�s biggest, all of life�s best decisions always do come from the heart, and I�m sure when the time comes I�ll make the right one, be it S1 or S2, �polar blue� or �artic silver�.

(That said, I�m sticking with S2 in nightfall blue for now )

David.

Be carefull though. If you spend all your time on here pondering of the good things to come…you could just forget the revision & blow the whole thing

& we wouldn’t want that now, would we??

Translation: Get yer bleedin’ coursework done

Yours,
‘The Head’

Tim

I�m aware that answering your post so quickly doesn�t exactly help my case, but all my course work was done long ago (all A* I might add ) and my English teacher told me to get lots of writing practice done over Easter, hence this.

And believe me, I won�t �blow it’, success is bloody important to me, and I�m not afraid to work to get what I want, which right now consists of getting these exams done.

Thanks though
David.

David, a good point well made (are you in the debating society? ).

BTW, I have every copy of EVO ever printed, and many Performance Cars before that. I bought both my Scooby and Exige on their 5* recommendations. That said, I’m not sure the guys are as sharp as they’ve been in the past. You should pop along to an EVOactive day and try and blag a ride of Meaden or Rog Green.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I get board having no one to talk cars with; most of my friends base their opinions on top gear, sore mistake (not to say I don�t like top gear, I love the show, but don�t always agree with their conclusions).

As for your EVO addiction, very cool ; But where on earth do you store them all?

David

Thanks Ian, I get board having no one to talk cars with
David

Tut tut. See me in my office

‘The Head’.

Just kidding

Hey Tim

Where abouts in Cumbria are you? We went up to Carlise last mouth to buy a car and visited Ullswater on the way back, there are some great driving roads up there, mind you, it doesn�t half rain a lot.

David

Ullsewater? Good choice. Did you ‘do’ Kirkstone pass too?

I’m at Whitehaven, about 40 miles down the coast from Carlisle. If you’re ever back in the area send me a pm if you fancy the 111R experience (unless I swap back to an Exige, of course)

Tim.

Tim

Wow thanks , it�s really pretty around there, and I�ll be sure to drop you a pm if I�m in the area again.

And no unfortunately we didn�t get a chance to �do Kirkstone pass�, it�s a pretty long drive back down here, and we were already knackered, understandable considering we got up at 5:30am to get a train up, bought a car, and had to drive back down the same day.

David

I don’t know…youth today…no staying power…when I was a lad we would have got up the night before and walked there just to be able to take an Exige up & down Kirkstone, Honister, Wrynose, Hardknot…

I don’t know…youth today…no staying power…when I was a lad we would have got up the night before and walked there just to be able to take an Exige up & down Kirkstone, Honister, Wrynose, Hardknot…

An exige, hell yeah, a Rover 45 (1.8 connoisseur albeit) not so.

David

Well that’s basically the same engine as an S1.

Ian

As for your EVO addiction, very cool ; But where on earth do you store them all?

BIG column in the study.

The 2nd hand buyers guides often come out for friends, and I also try and piece together some of their routes. The ones in North Wales/Snowdonia are great to try on the way up to Anglesey.

Ian

BIG column in the study.

The 2nd hand buyers guides often come out for friends, and I also try and piece together some of their routes. The ones in North Wales/Snowdonia are great to try on the way up to Anglesey.

Yeah, the Snowdonia route is gorgeous, I managed to map read my unwitting family to damn near every photo location in the article, including the cover shoot, and the beach near Porthmaddog; we even ate at the Royal Oak hotel (well the pub conjoined to it).

I have the road names if anyone wants them, but I think half the fun is actually tracking them down. I can highly recommend a trip to the Snowdonia national park if you are in the area, there are some monumental waterfalls right next to the roads, stunning vistas, and more importantly, spectacular driving roads.

Oh, and lots of sheep

David

The ‘Llangollen triangle’ taking in Horse-shoe Pass was pretty special. And I have a vivid picture in my mind (anybody got an actual pic?) of seven or so Exiges snaking their way passed the Llyn Ogwen reservoir on the way to Anglesey for the annual gathering a few years back [sighs!].

Ian

That was the one that Brannan got showered in manure by that angry farmer, was n’t it?

Yup!

Or was it Rox? To add more detail, one of the convoys of Exiges were overtaking a tractor with manure trailer; he turned it on when they passed!

Brannan also lost his speeding ticket out the window when Pippa used it as bookmark. Probably incinerated by the flame spitting engine of his. An eventful few miles for him.

Ahhh, the good old days.

Ian