Hello!

Hello All,

Having previously owned an S2 Exige which I sold a few years ago, I have now returned to the fold with a red S1 (unmodified 178bhp)!

Great to meet a few of you yesterday at the NYLOC meeting - thanks for the warm welcome and setting my mind at ease regarding the low speed grumpiness characteristics!

cheers

Nick

Welcome Nick great choice. Is yours the really low miles red one? Get some pics up eh!!

What’s your plans for the car? Keep it standard? Track it?

Superb Nick welcome back, defiantly need some pictures. What’s the cars history? :wave:

Welcome :slight_smile:
Was it the car at slades? Only red one I’ve seen up for sale…

Hi, Nick,
Great to meet you at Nyloc. They are a great bunch as are the boys(and girls) on here.
As we discussed we are unusual in that we both have standard 177/178 bhp cars.
Yours looks a lovely car and with such low mileage. . Puts mine to shame in terms of mileage.
And it’s got a resonance valve, albeit disconnected.
I’m sure we’ll meet up again at Nyloc and don’t forget the annual exiges.com track day next year.
Also, with so many cherished S1s in the north we have an obligation to meet up at any opportunity, I’m thinking Oulton Park race meetings, Croft,Harewood etc.
And we have a northern Christmas meeting on this side of the Pennines which usually brings a convoy from east of the Great Divide.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I bought the S1 privately in May so don’t think it would have been at Slades. As far as I can tell it’s completely a completely standard 178bhp S1 with a few of the options - e.g. sport seats/harnesses, alcantara pack, meta alarm. The previous owner had hardly used it (he was a bit of a collector with a 996 GT3, Ferrari 458, Nissan GTR amongst several others!) and as such, when I acquired it, it hadn’t been serviced for a few years (all the history is main dealer). So I dropped it straight in to Byron at JCT600 in Leeds for a C service/coolant change etc and was pleased (relieved) to find no issues other than a failed speed sensor on one of the rear wheels. It only has ~6500 miles on the clock, although super low mileage wasn’t one of my main criteria when looking around. Generally speaking it looks to be in excellent condition although there is quite a bit of paint blistering on the doors (very honestly pointed out by the seller) and as Thommo points out - I even have the resonator valve on the air intake!

My intent is to keep it completely standard although I must admit to being very tempted by an exhaust upgrade purely to improve the noise!

I’ve tried adding a couple of pictures (not sure how they will turn out as I’ve never uploaded pics before) - just a few snaps when I first got it home - I haven’t had time to try and get some more artistic shots yet!
IMG_20150523_175154136_HDR small.jpg
IMG_20150620_175938883 small.jpg
cheers

Nick

Great looking car Nick :thumbup:

Looks brand new :sunglasses:

Ditto! :clap:

very nice buddy and welcome

Welcome Nick, It was great to meet you at Nyloc on Tuesday, I was with my dad in Ice blue S1 Exige, Car looks stunning (as all S1’s do)

Mark

Pics show it off very well. Keep posting!

Welcome to exiges Nick, car look amazing. :sunglasses:

Exhaust upgrade is good idea for, mine has 2bular and sounds great but stick to improvement mods than can easily be put back to standard.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I’m looking forward to contributing to discussions in future!