Hello - New S2 Exige S

Been lurking for a while now so thought i would say hello.

Picked up my Exige in September having spent the previous 2.5 years in a nicely sorted VX220 Turbo.

Had been looking for a while but performance pack S2s seem to be a pretty rare thing and had pretty much given up when it popped up. Could never have imagined myself buying a white one and was confident I wouldn’t buy it for that reason up until the moment I saw it in the flesh!

Spec as follows:
08 Exige S - Aspen White
Performance Pack + Factory 260 Upgrade
Touring Pack
Sports Pack
Factory LSD
TRD Airbox

Really impressed so far, power delivery and throttle response are lovely and really not missing the torque (which i had in spades in the Turbo). Was planning on fitting Nitrons/Quantums in spring but car is on new Billies and feels superb (on road - not tracked it yet) which is throwing this into question for now!

Have also recently bought a set of forged wheels and some AD08Rs for road use and will keep the original wheels and 48s for track use - its a little more confidence inspiring this time of year on this new rubber!

Also made a slightly drunken unplanned purchase of a 2nd hand Tubular back box for it! Happy with how easy it was to switch over compared to doing the same job on the VX and very pleased with the results, its a little more balanced sound wise with the SC whine now and the occasional little pops and gurgles are always a welcomed childish addition :smiley:

Looking forward to meeting some of you at any meets / track events next year.

:wave: Nice Luke

yeah love the storm trooper spec

was a car like that on top gear that sold me on the exige in the first place

Bollocks to your crappy lotus Luke, let’s see some of the roadbikes :slight_smile:

Welcome, Luke. Where you based? Moorland road, sheep signs . . .oop north?

Love that looking great.

Try and get to our annual get together at Anglesey circuit and really kick-off your entry in the Exigedom :sunglasses:

http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19331

Hi Rob! Hope your well, I’m posh road bike free at the moment just hacking around on the winter bike. Do have a rather naughty Look 795 / SRAM Wireless build on the go though for spring :smiley:

Thommo - Im just outside Stoke on Trent so have very good access to the Peaks and run regular runs there with the VX220 lot. There are some cracking roads hidden away.

Benja - Thanks, will get booked on this in the new year, have sent a request over on the thread for bookatrack access.

Welcome Luke,

Fantastic car, I know Mark used to keep it really nice . Enjoy but be warned once you start buying bits …its hard to stop.

You might gather from avatar that I’m a bit of a cyclist . . . the Look 795 is a beaut. My best bike is a modest Cervelo R3 Dark Edition but I’ve got a Ribble, a Bob Jackson, mountain bike and a fixed wheel to keep me occupied.

Lovely car.

If you need to sell, give me a shout.

Great looking car Luke :slight_smile:

I wouldnt call an R3 modest! - lovely bike those.

I usually have quite a few bikes on the go but work in the industry so just tell the wife all my bikes and kit are samples :smiley:

Thankyou :slight_smile:

Where abouts in Cumbria are you, often up there as I grew up in Allonby and the rest of my Family are still in Cockermouth