Hello from Switzerland

Registered here as soon as I’d done the deal on my new baby

It’s an Exige S2 Cup in Krypton green with the Bemani supercharger, sports exhaust and sintered clutch. I’m not putting it on the road 'till Spring, so this is going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooong winter! >my new car<

nice one - any chance of some photos of the supercharger installation?

Have a look >here<

the bemani kit works with a water/air cooler. They add a water cooler orizontally on the front undertray. the charge cooler is near the exhaust.

Nicolas

They add a water cooler orizontally on the front undertray

OK I was wondering what this was!

[image]http://www.kumschick.com/lotus/exige_kompressor/bilder/media/MVC-019F.jpg[/image]

i once drove the car now speedy has bought (i thinkit is this one because in switzerland there r not many cup supercharged in kripton green). It pulls nicely but u still have to keep the engine over 6000 rpm to have the right power. The kompressor is much noisier that a 240R…it’s like the noise from a lancia S4 Group B (if anyone heard that beautiful noise).

Anyway a nice piece of car…

Nicolas

The kompressor is much noisier that a 240R…it’s like the noise from a lancia S4 Group B (if anyone heard that beautiful noise).
Yes, that’s true. Doesn’t seem any point to adding a radio/CD, as you need ear plugs with the ?charger screaming just behind your ear.

Like I said, not really a daily driver � for that I’d go for the aircon, leccy windows, etc. but for a track car it promises to be great fun.

…it’s like the noise from a lancia S4 Group B (if anyone heard that beautiful noise).

A fantastic noise indeed. I think it’s what got me hooked on cars in the first place! It was charged and blown if I remember correctly.

Welcome to the ranks SpeedyK!

Ian

Nice car!
One question though, the charge cooler uses water to cool the induction air before it goes to the engine? It looks like its mounted right next to the Zaust and cat would that not cause heat issues???

This is a question that has been raised before in relation to this installation. Fredy Kumschick told me that so far all 16 or so of them have held.

Incidentally, Bemani have done hundreds of superchargers on this Toyota motor. Other Lotus dealers are offering this conversion too and I’ve yet to hear of a failure on a 111R/Exige. Furthermore, I do know that Kumschick runs a meticulous outfit � he did a great job on building a new Caterham up for my bro to comply with Swiss regs and be usable.

So, hopefully, I won’t be dissappopinted

Here are a few more pics of my car

>clicky<

Nice! It looks so innocent, until you look inside.

Top garage too!

Ian

Thats the best jusification for getting an S2 that I have ever seen!

And the right colour

Cool!

[quote]Here are a few more pics of my car

[url=Exige Cup - Other Models & Brands - VX220 Owners Club]>clicky