Heater Trouble!

I’ve an interesting problem for those technically gifted.My heater does nothing on settings 0 (unsurprisingly) 1 or 2. However when set to 3 lots of nice warm air, however the temp reading on the stack jumps by about 5-10 degrees, turn it off engine temp drops immediatelyHow weird is that?

I seem to remember IPJ posting problems with his heater when his gasket went! And seeing as your engine temp is high… [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/blush.gif[/image]

Not sure about the temp increase on the stack but if the heater blower only works on 3 then it must be a problem with the heater resistor block. On 3 it bypasses block and supplies a full 12v to motor on the 1&2 it steps the voltage down to slow the fan.Hope this helps a little

quote:Originally posted by MF:however the temp reading on the stack jumps by about 5-10 degrees, turn it off engine temp drops immediatelyJust means that the grounding of your stack is not that good. Turning on the fan (or other electric loads) causes the signal from the coolant sensors to be mis-interpreted.Many Elises do this… Try cleaning the ground point in the front compartiment and also the one in the engine bay.As long as the temperature doesn’t start ‘jumping’ by itself then you’re OK…Bye, Arno.