has anyone NOT had a problem with the exige S2 ?

has anyone NOT had a problem with the exige S2 ? (seems to be many posts re problems)

are most problems with the Exige S2 common with the 111R ?

im encouraged by the cheaper standard Exige S2 around at the moment, thinking of picking one up at the end of the year.

Thanks for any info
Scott

has anyone NOT had a problem with the exige S2 ? (seems to be many posts re problems)

are most problems with the Exige S2 common with the 111R ?

im encouraged by the cheaper standard Exige S2 around at the moment, thinking of picking one up at the end of the year.

Thanks for any info
Scott

Just make sure the factory installs all the goodies, but no running issues.

New cars can have a few teething probs (mine did) but considering the hard life it leads I am impressed (if I treated any of my previous cars like eg track work etc they would be in bits by now).
The Exige and 111R share a lot of DNA so most 111R will have the same probs.

me.

Another here. Just short of 18k and it doesn’t get any sort of soft treatment.

has anyone NOT had a problem with the exige S2 ?

No probs here and mine is used mainly on track.

Intend to upgrade from the Lotus Sport standard pads though.

no probs here… just big grins

Mines 8 months old and no problems…hope I haven’t given myself the kiss of death mow.

Mine (111R) had a broken valve spring after just 2500 miles so had a top end strip & re-assembly which took 4-5 weeks.

No problems since

Tim.

I’ve still got an ongoing brake issue,they keep binding when hot,always just after you have stopped in traffic,only way to release them is to either pull up the brake pedal or dab the brakes.

marc.

Seven track days and no problems so far with standard Exige S2 bought in January. Only mod is Pagid brake pads.

More trouble then it’s worth, now rejected and back at the dealer. Going legal any day now…

had minor niggles but nothing serious. regrets? NONE!

but i do wish the stage 2 and induction kit were a bit louder

Only problems I’ve had are an intermittent stalling problem fixed with a new ECU download, and a leaking aircon pipe. Both sorted now. Really pleased with my car

thanks for posts. every forum i look at (seloc, pistoheads, scottishelises) all of them suggest air con is a must. seems purchasing a model without air con may actually be one less thing to worry about

thank again.
Scott

thanks for posts. every forum i look at (seloc, pistoheads, scottishelises) all of them suggest air con is a must. seems purchasing a model without air con may actually be one less thing to worry about

…until re-sale time

Tim.

Stalling problem and noisy roof seals sorted under warranty was it up until my Walshy day last Thursday. Now I�ve got a noise when changing gear, but only when coming off the throttle high on the second cam and going back on the gas. Occasional single mechanical clinking noise but doesn�t sound internal to the engine. (My best attempt at explaining it so far, but it still sounds stupid) Maybe the exhaust or something is moving on full chat, or something springing back into place, throttle cable maybe? Haven�t had a chance to look at it yet but I�m sure the dealer will sort it if I can�t.
Although your never gonna get hyperthermia from the air con it does stop you getting the sweaty arse/back syndrome on a hot day. Or is that just me and my hygiene problem�.
Couldn�t be happier with it. Ticks all the boxes that I want ticked. Although I am keeping an eye on the supercharger options for when my warranty runs out.

Paul

Agree that no aircon is likely to be death on resale - and it is worthwhile anyway for demisting as well as cooling.

No mechanicals, just a water leak in through the roof at the start, Lotus didn’t fit the rubber seal where the roof joins the rear clam (took a while for Glasgow Lotus to spot it though). Cars been great, girlfriend drives it to work every day says it makes work worthwhile, sure does!!!