Harnesses and fitment

Hi,

Getting my new exige next week and want to get my harnneses fitted asap. Car has sport pack and harness bar by the way.

1. is this a simple job, seats out, undo trim, harness bar off and slide harness on? Or is it more complexed? How do u fit the other bits

2. Where can I get them from and what to people recomend? Safety devices, luke and schoth are the ones I know off.

My s1 exige and 340r where already sorted hence the questions.

Thanks for your help lads

Nathan

Nathan I used Luke from Hanger111 had to remove the roof to (fit the harness bar and) remove the seats other than that it was quite straight forward and all in the instructions. Kept the seatbelts for day to day which I’d highly recommend!

Oh and some of the seat bolts can be a little fiddly to get to

Hi Nathan

Try http://www.msar-safety.com/

Good prices on Schroth etc

thanks guys,

For some reason I didn’t think the where that expensive, 120 a seat!! Are the saftey devices and luke ones any cheaper??

Thanks

Nath

Check this out - just on SELOC

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=180242

fantastic, I have sent a pm. Silver will look nice, I hope

Thank you very much for your help Chris

Nath

Hi Nathan,

If you don’t fancy fitting them yourself give me a call. 07834732892

Dan

p.s. What ya gettin?

Hi dan, might just do that depending on the challenge! Is it deffinatly a roof off job?

Getting a ice White exige s, 240 performance pack. Sport pack and air con, getting it Friday.

Thanks

Yup! Roof off, seats out and its still a pain in the arse.

Still not found a nice S1 then?

Dan

really considered buying Jules s1, hondering it and getting it fully resprayed. But the time it was going to take and a few other factors put me off. So a quick s2 was the o my option. How is yours coming along, u picked a colour yet?

Ps, am I the only one that thinks it is stupid how you get a new car, pay the preimum for the sport pack then have to take your new car to bits to fit the harnesses, I am sure a few years ago when the performance pack was around this was the case!!!

Its in limbo at the minute. Long story.

Dan

what the colour or the car?

Go for a pearl White, it looks great!

The car. Give me a call sometime when you get two minutes and I’ll tell you the story.

Dan

Hi dan, might just do that depending on the challenge! Is it deffinatly a roof off job?

Getting a ice White exige s, 240 performance pack. Sport pack and air con, getting it Friday.

Thanks

I went for that spec as well but in Chrome Orange! (just over a month ago)

I managed to fit the harnesses without taking the roof off, but in hindsight it was a pain, lined the tub with cardboard to save scratching everything with the seat base frame, then just tilt the seat to each side to get at the fixings. Took way longer than expected!!

Ian.

Roof off’s a 5 min job

Ps, am I the only one that thinks it is stupid how you get a new car, pay the preimum for the sport pack then have to take your new car to bits to fit the harnesses

Wouldn’t your supplying dealer fit them as part of the deal (if you supply the harnesses)?? Or what about at the 1000 mile service

hi tim,

They might but would proba charge me on the 1500 service for the pleasure. I can’t get my supplying dealer to do it as the harnesses are in the post to me and the car is coming from Kent, very complext. I will asses how difficult it is a then if I am unhappy I will take to JPS if I am stuck!

Nath, I fitted Schroth in mine. Passenger and Driver. Definitly no need to take the roof off! Seats out though. Not difficult. 2 Hour job max. and thats with (lots of) biscuit brakes.

My experience of a new S and fitting Schroth harnesses.

http://www.exiges.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=s2s&Number=101490

Hi,

I have ordered the Profi FE 4pt ASM ones degined for lotus. These are the slightly more expensive ones for some reason, push button fit they said at MSAR.

Do is it just a seat out job then, does the hareness bar have to be removed at all or do the just loop around it like a noose? Thanks.