HARNESS BAR INSTALL !!

Has anyone any picks of a harness bar installed in an S1 ?

Wanted to see what exactly it looks like plus clearance for new seats and belts !!

Ta…

web page

I followed these pictures, and although they were useful, the differences from an Elise caused me a few headaches. I couldn’t find a way of leaving the trim panel in and ended up making up a new panel to hold the speakers, which I wanted to keep.
Next problem is trying to fit the other ends of the harness as I didn’t want to drill holes thro’ the floor. Should have pictures of a solution next week - if it works.

Roger

the differences from an Elise caused me a few headaches. I couldn’t find a way of leaving the trim panel in and ended up making up a new panel to hold the speakers, which I wanted to keep.

Not sure why this should have happened, if I can remember that far back, I had to trim a little of the rear plastic cover around the bar mounting points but did not effect the speakers.

Next problem is trying to fit the other ends of the harness as I didn’t want to drill holes thro’ the floor.

Why don’t you want to do this? Is must be the safest and easiest way to correctly mount the lap belts?

Thanks for the posts guys, I have now managed the install found a step by step picture diary on the net. the problem was an over simplified phrase in the kit which implied speakers stayed in place. once i realised that they had to be removed to fit the actual bar then we were cooking on gas !! oh yes and the adjustment to the fixing holes that were not elongated enough !!

Nothing a chisel and a lump hammer couldn’t fix !!

Just need some sports seats that will fit into the small LOTUS gap !!