HANS and harnesses

I would recommend the Simpson Hybrid.

Saves all the messing about and also protects you in side impacts.

/2p

Dan

This has all been really helpful and I’m going to take more advice and utilise Graeme’s offer as well. I suspect we will see more and more HANS on track days as they have now become more affordable and make very good sense indeed.

Having worn a HANS for the last 2 seasons since getting the Caterham, it really just becomes second nature… and I can’t imagine not wearing one now.

As you say, it makes very good sense - I must be getting old ! :smiley:

But costs loads (for some rather inextricable reason) and means you can’t turn your head as much…which presents other safety issues.

Which is a shame as my Exige seat doesn’t like a standard HANS.

:frowning:

I’ve used a HANS device with 3 inch belts in my Exige since 2006 when I first started racing it. I use standard Exige seats and motorsport A frame and have never had a problem with slipping. I first started using one in 2004 on in my formula ford and wouldn’t be without it.
Motorsport-events, who I suspect some of you heave used before, now stock them at very reasonable prices, speak to Tasha or Ed. https://www.motorsport-events.com
Cheers Mark

I’ve used a HANS device with 3 inch belts in my Exige since 2006 when I first started racing it. I use standard Exige seats and motorsport A frame and have never had a problem with slipping. I first started using one in 2004 on in my formula ford and wouldn’t be without it.
Motorsport-events, who I suspect some of you heave used before, now stock them at very reasonable prices, speak to Tasha or Ed. https://www.motorsport-events.com
Cheers Mark

Heh Mark, how’s the ankle? You still got the car? You still tearing it up at Castle Combe?

We’ve not heard from you for ages…

Hi mate. Ankle fused and pain free but unfortunately don’t have enough movement to depress throttle more than half way so seriously thinking of selling car :cry:
Sold my BMW cooper s that I raced for a few years just before my op but maybe should have kept as the sit up and beg position seems to be not too bad. Not quite sure what to do really?

Well that completely seals it, 661 very kindly sent me his HANS to try, tried it in the car and even with the 3" belts it will be fine.

No contest, I will be buying a Schroth one in the new year if father Christmas doesn’t buy me one :wink:

Good stuff fella’s

Mark, only being able to press the throttle half way should at worst put you back on par with everyone else on the track. Give the others a chance matey!! :wink:

Yup Sean said what I was going to.

If Zanardi can lose both legs and go on to win a GT3 race this year, I’m sure you could find a way. You and that car are such a great combo,…esp around CC!!

not a problem with the Simpson, you can turn your head enough to see side mirrors, which is enough to see a 991 GT3RS overtaking you full speed in Blanchimont

plus, i don’t have the " 3inch slipping harness issue" mentionned earlier, there are small defined wings to avoid harness slippery
note: Exige S240 with sport probax, Simpson hybrid sport

Now I have finally got the harness bar in the correct place, must thank Matt Roach Racing.
Jacqui also bought me a new HANS compatible Schroth 6 point harness for Xmas, top girl :smiley:
I have ordered my Schroth HANS Super Sport XLT 20°

That now gets me all sorted :smiley: