GT3 Photos

Spot on indeed - shame he is not around any more.

Spot on indeed - shame he is not around any more.

I’m pleased to say that I keep in regular contact with Chris - top bloke, & a top driver too

Watch it Pesky you’ll get banned for posting that. Did you have Randy’s permission?

LOOKS?-YUK-S1 kills it.

LOOKS?-YUK-S1 kills it.

Agree - S1, is best looking Lotus to date

One Mans’Meat etc etc etc

One Mans’Meat etc etc etc

I wouldn’t touch another mans’ meat

How very dare you!

I’d have thought it would make more commercial sense if they developed a racing version of the new 2+2 (if it’s close to being finished). That way racing it would help market a brand new product which loads of people will be clammering for buying the road version. They will then be able to off-set some of the tooling costs against a production model rather than a very limited extreme version of the existing (getting very old) Exige.

[color:“blue”]You lot really aren’t getting this… Its a homologation special and thats it. Of course �60K is massively over the odds but this isn’t about selling cars for Lotus, its about winning at GT racing and hopefully regaining some of the tooling costs for the new aerodynamic bodywork by selling some spammed up road cars.

Personally its nice to see some of the aero ideas talked about when I was involved coming to fruition and will be interested to see what the race car looks like. Just need somebody to buy me one to go Brit GT racing in 2008… any takers?
[/color]

Spot on quote by Randy, copied from Seloc

I personally am not complaining about the car, its price or its purpose.

I just think that with the S1 Exige and the V6 Sport Exige, Lotus got the look of the car correct. They never looked Max Power they looked motorsport.

Clearly the requirements of the Cadena team needed to be fullfilled, but they could have acheived those features with a motorsport functional type of form language instead of a Tuning type of form language. The custom car paint job obviously does not help in that respect.

Good luck if they sell them all. That’ll mean more money in the coffers and more chance of new models coming out.

Good luck if they sell them all. That’ll mean more money in the coffers and more chance of new models coming out.

Absolutely spot on Steve. Anyone who says different needs to buy another Marque.

kerching!..apparently they’re delivering mine on tuesday!

cool!

you having a yellow one

[image]http://www.exiges.eu/gt3yellow.jpg[/image]

Silver / Red please MrD…a la Vasek Polak 904-6…see left …and a 908 Targa Florio colour scheme on my 11/2

oh and btw…you forgot the calipers

Just had it confirmed today that Lotus will be bringing the car to the Opening Round of the Elise Trophy at Brands Hatch on the 24th march (not to race unfortunately).

That’s a real result - congratulations, really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh…hope existing Exige owners get to go straight to the front of the queue

Attended the Geneva Motor Show on Tuesday:

[image]conceptics.com — Software-Engineer, Photographer and Entrepreneur

In Short, I wasn’t impressed at all. Lotus representatives were very disappointing and knew next to nothing about the car(s) on show. Also, the GT3 on stage is quite evidently a quick job as various parts of the car were unfinished.

And it looks very big, especially with that huge rear-wing…

Cheers Phil