GT3 kitted exige s

A good few will recognize this car from when Nick built it.

After selling my old track clio s couple of years ago I recently started to miss doing track days , so a few weeks ago I took my Porsche out on track and found it fast but not overly fun as I was worried about smashing up a 50K car.
I also didnt think it suited my local track Knockhill very well as its fairly heavy but piled on speed on the straights , so would be very hard on brakes /tyres and the car in general.

So last week I decided to make a change and ended up selling the Porsche to a dealer down south taking a Loutus exige s in px.

Any way enough of the chat and onto pictures :smiley:

Old track clio

Bye bye to the beetle

New toy

2006 exige s withe supercharge Toyota engine
Power
288bhp - RSTuning
Pro alloy charge cooler
Pro alloy triple pass rad
TRD air intake
550cc injectors
260 cup fuel pump
2.9" charger pulley
2ubular manifold
2ubular 3" exhaust

Gearbox
Exedy clutch
LSD
Rebuilt box
Jubu 3rd 4th gears

Bodywork
Carbon front splitter
Alloy rear diffuser
Carbon rear wing
260 cup roof
Carbon GT3 clams -5" wider than a exige
Led lights
Lotus green respray

Interior
Alcantara momo wheel
Probax seats
alcantara door inserts
Carbon dipped side/dash panels - will be getting flocked

Chassis
Nitron shocks
powdercoated , rebuilt wishbones
AP292 front discs
Pagid RS14 pads
Braided lines
pro race 1.2 wheels
16 x 7 front 195 AO48 tyres
17 x 9 rear 255 AO48 tyres

Short term plans for the lotus are

1.Fit a baffled sump ready for track
2.Raise the nose slightly(speed bumps) and get geo /corner weight done.
3.Adjust drivers door window for a better seal
4.Few little interior add ons
5. Re instate some sort of boot space/box
6. Re fit an oil cooler positioned in the driver side duct.
7. Spare set of wheels with AD08’s for road use

Long term plans

Get custom longer rear wishbones and driveshafts made to loose the spacers on the rear.

Enjoy Neil and keep updating on the progress :thumbup:

Thanks Jonny

Ive ordered a sump and a few other parts already , so will get them fitted at the end of Jan when I get back to the UK.

very nice, get yourself booked on the exige track day?

http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19933&start=30

Great news, keep the info and pics coming, please

Im tempted to go with custom wheel 17/18 like the later GT3 race cars ran rather than custom wider wishbones , looking at a low offset 18x10 rear to push the wheel out a little and loose the spacer.

Going buy the calculation ive found if i drop tyre profile it will raise ride height by 3.4mm rear and zero change in the front , with a forged wheel over all weight should be very similar to the prorace 16/17’s.

Poke and inset should also be equal so putting the bearing in the middle of the wheel to avoid bearing side load .

Somethng worth reading in the meantime

http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15754

I’ve read some of that thread already some stunning parts going into that car.
I love the GT hubs and how the move the hub to correct roll centre , with my car still being a road car I can’t go overly low with the front splitter not being speed bump friendly. I don’t know what it’s set to justnow but i ideally need to raise the front 5-10mm.

I noticed Tarmac said he was going very low something like 80/90 but that’s using hubs with a 16mm drop built into them.

I had to do the same on my old clio to correct the roll center , that was a custom made kit that extended the lower ball joint and steering joints. I had a quick look and noticed a similar off the shelf kit is available for these cars with a extended joint for the lower wishbone.

Only thing I would suggest is getting a gearbox oil cooler fitted, they get very hot indeed and this just makes failures more likely.

Thanks Ade is there an off the shelf kit available or just make your own ?

Do people normally run a temp switch to activate the pump, to avoid the oil not getting to temp for normal driving ?

Contact Dave on here Seriously Lotus .com

The seriously lotus kit looks nicely put together .
If i was to run a gbox cooler I think i would prefer to go air/oil rather than a laminova with already having the charge cooler adding extra heat to the cooling system.

I agree in some ways, does your car still have aircon fitted? If you do, I’d suggest air to oil, driven hard on a hot day, my car did run hot at places like Spa, no aircon you will be fine.

Without a cooler running 300 bhp the gearbox oil will be black after 5 laps .

technically the chargecooler is a separate system, but yeah it does put heat into the equation as it’s ahead of the rad core.

The plus side of a water/oil cooler is that you don’t have to worry about the pumps min temp (IIRC ~60c)

I have a stat in my gearbox and a oil/air cooler

I’m a big fan of Laminova heat exchangers… They make a very nice “double” one that will cool your engine and transmission all in one package. That’s what I’ve got for my car.

Yes it still has AC , it does have the Pro alloy triple pass rad but would still rather minimize adding extra heat.
I have found a company that make a diff cooler kit for skylines, that runs a 60’ c temp switch for the pump which is along the lines of what i had in mind.

my cooler:

The box, can see the M22 boss for the truck rad switch:

Which runs this pump:

Wonder if Dave can do his kit without the laminova? As I said I only had trouble on big tracks on hot days, then I would see over 100degrees water temp after 15 minute stints.