GT3 kitted car forsale

I think if I were doing a wide track exige I’d use v6 uprights and custom wishbones, that way there is a wealth of wheels and you side step the brakes challenge

V6 Uprights are exactly the same as all S2 uprights!!! The just use a five stud bearing pack.

What a fantastic looking machine, I absolutely love that colour and it really suits the curves of the GT3.

First plan is to just sort a few little issues , adjusting drivers door window for a better seal , tidy up the rear area behind the engine where the battery is mounted.
Then get some seat time in it on the road before next years track season , its fun to drive in the way that you need to rev it where the porsche just had power everywhere so hardly revd it past 6k.

Sadly the car is now in storage for a month while I have to go away to work.

The wheel situation will get looked at later with either wider rears or lower offset not sure on the offset of the wheels fitted justnow.

Yup that does look awesome!

Also need to sign up for some Yoga classes to help get in and out of the thing :slight_smile:

sorry to be clear, rear uprights.

Opps makes sense now, sorry :crazy:

Just found the old emails from Lanzante , may help you .

“The GT3 had a wider rear end, new wishbones and driveshafts that were 11mm longer each. The wheels I had made at Dymag who have now gone bust. The rear wheels were 10” wide also. To support the rear end well for a road car its best to fit a boot moulding as a standard car. The other thing to remember is it will need bigger inner wheel arches.
This is not a 5 minute job but if anyone can do it you could. Most cars I have seen done are a bodge, with time and attention they can look fantastic…
The wheel sizes are

16" x 7" front offset 5.020"
17" x 10" rear offset 5.900"

We did later go to 17" front and 18" rear wheels but this is a lot of work!"

Nice looking car.

Bit off topic, but what floor tiles have you used in your garage?

The floor tiles are made by race deck , they are plastic and simply clip together. They have been down for over 6 years now and are starting to look a bit tired.

Thanks a lot Moomin handy info , I did think of looking st 17" -18" on the wheels as easier to get 10" wide rears. But wasn’t sure how it would effect the balance of these cars.

I noticed that the earlier k series S2 cars run a lower offset rear wheel to the later Toyota cars do these have longer wishbones or is the differencemade up elsewhere ?

Different chassis/ subframe mounts. Also top wishbone are a different shape