Ground clearence on S2

Hi there,

could someone please advise how much ground clearence there is at the front of the S2?

Are you ok over speed bumps or does it tend to scrape?

cheers

I have only once in 5 months and 4000 miles and many speed bumps had an issue. It was in a multi-story car park when I braked as I met the ramp no damage and it was only because I was on the brakes. The front splitter was designed as a cheap plastic bit which can be replaced fairly cheaply.

The only time I have heard of a front splitter being lost was in a gravel trap.

Ground clearance is 130mm F&R.

I always take speed humps on either one or the other side of the car, never by straddling the ‘hump’ IYSWIM.

Straddling a hump/cushion (hate that term), could upset the geometry if done repeatedly.

Tim.

Ive always braked then backed off a second before hitting any bump in the road when at speed, never had much problems with speed bumps but ramps can be interesting. Ive notived a few splitters start to crack close to the number plate, on mine ive filled it with expanding foam to give it a little more rigidity, but ultimately it will still have to be replaced.
gav

The front splitter was designed as a cheap plastic bit which can be replaced fairly cheaply.

how cheap is cheap mate?

Cheap, Lotus! That’s a good one!

Cheaper than a fancy carbon fibre one