Greetings !

Just registered and thought I would introduce myself and post up a couple of pics of my car.

Had my pride and joy for about 18 months now and think the Exige is an absolute cracker of a car, mine being an S with touring pack and a/c in Aspen white and in totally standard factory trim.

Steve

NIce car!!!

Cool ā€˜nameā€™ā€¦

Welcome! :wink:

Nice car!!! Welcome!!

Literally a blank canvas! Lovely car.

Whatā€™s the plan, you keeping it as god intended? Do you track it?

Welcome

Welcome.

Lovely choice of colour scheme :wink:

1 Like

EFA :laughing:

Pot calling Kettle!!! :smiley:

Hello and welcome to exiges.com

:smiley:

Hi Steve - welcome :smiley:

Your great pics of Gavā€™s car at Oulton are on this thread http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15754&start=540

Welcome, and as you can see, you have already started a bun fight, well done for a good first post :smiley:
Long may you be posting more :wink:

Welcome to another Steve with another Exige S :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Started out looking for an Exige in either Chrome orange and even looked at Krypton but in the end thought the white was more discreet. Now I love the car but the missus hates it (just like the Elise before it) but life is too short and in my experience Iā€™ve always found far it easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission :wink:

Being an old git, Iā€™m keeping the car as standard (except maybe for a 2bular exhaust, bit too quiet IMHO) as it suits my use perfectly. Shamefully, I know, Iā€™m not intending on tracking it as tempting as it is with Oulton Park being my local circuit.

Always been a huge Lotus fan ever since seeing Elans and Europas back in the day and never being in a position to buy one so Iā€™m just making up for lost time I guess.

Unless tracking it then yes keep it std minus the exhaust IMHO.

I went with sports cat and GT3 cat back with Std. exit from Jim @ 2bular and it is wonderful. Not anymore ā€˜leeryā€™ than std. but pops and crackles on lift off or downshift nicely.

The only thing I didnā€™t get was a MIL bypass so have to live with the MIL light on. This might effect overall performance if the ECU reacts to it but I donā€™t have the technical knowledge to be definite about that. MY08S is plenty quick enough on road not to worry about that.

On motorway it drones a little on slow acceleration but as soon as you get to the desired cruising speed it goes very quiet so making it long journey friendly.

Keep the std. exhaust for resale.

Once, it seemed to be obligatory to be called Simon to own an Elise.
Iā€™m another Steve, by the way
With an S1.
I think forgiveness sounds better than permission although, being a eunuch, Iā€™ve always asked permission

A mate of mine calls it ā€œBuy now, pay laterā€. Very apt I thought.

Welcome by the way, nice looking S2

Welcome along, nice car

Hi and welcome!! :wave:

ā€¦as for the 2bular, it will transform the car! Love mine, wouldnā€™t consider any other exhaust tbhā€¦ :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome :thumbup:

Thanks again for the warm welcomes, a nice friendly bunch you all are on here :thumbup:

Just wait till you try and take yer roof off and see how we change !!