Got one on order

Yes… wife said ok two weeks ago, so last week I ordered a new S2 Exige last week.Colour:Nightfall Blue. The car comes with AC, the sportspack, Ultra lightwheel 7 spoke silver alloy (as on the sportracer Elise), Nitron shock’s, front adjustable anti roll bar and the rear suspension strut.

It’s gonna be a long wait though: I get mine in April.

As it’s the 2006 model I still have 2 question that could not be answered by my dealer in the Netherlands. Hope one of you can provide me with that info:

1. Does the 2006 model Lotus Exige still come with Auxilliary Front Driving Lamps (the ones in the grill of the car) as standard?

2. The Lotus Exige Exige is fitted with Alarm and immobiliser from factory as standard. Can you tell me which vehicle security alarm system is fitted as standard on the 2006 Exige. I’ve downloaded the information that’s available on your website,
    (http://www.grouplotus.com/media/car/doc/vehiclesecuritysystem.pdf)but it doesn’t provide info on which alarm is fitted on the Exige Mk2 (it gives Elise info only). I need the correct information for getting the car insured.

Thanks for any insight!

Nico

A decision you won’t regret!

Sorry, can’t help with your question, but I was surprised to see you say it had “Nitron” suspension. It’s a new car right?

Ian

I was surprised to see you say it had “Nitron” suspension. It’s a new car right?

Ian

Ian, he must mean “Ohlins”.

Welcome Nico.

I hope they didn’t make you pay extra for the front adjustable anti roll bar, as it’s standard.

But what is the rear suspension strut?

Driving lights are still standard IIRC and the alarm is a Category 1 Cobra system.

Good luck with the wait!

The package for the 2006 Exige have changed considerably. The auxillairy driving lights are not standard anymore (got confirmed through lotus today). Besides that there are 4 option packages now:
Touring package
Super touring package (American style with airbags, cupholders, US interior, etc. )
Sports package (incl. tgraction control)
Super sport package

I have no idea if or how these packages differ from the UK.

In the super sport you get the adjustable front anti roll bar. This bar is a solid one and not hollow as the standard one.

As for shocks I didn’t mean the Ohlins. I have the Nitron kit (shocks and springs) installed upon delivery.

Nico

Welcome Nico.

I hope they didn’t make you pay extra for the front adjustable anti roll bar, as it’s standard.

The best as I can describe it is that it’s simular as a strut tower brace, but now at the rear. Not on top of the shocks though. I’ll visit the dealer next saterday. He has one installed on his cup racer track car. I’ll try to get a decent photo.

Nico

Nico…see thread ‘official 06 spec’ for UK spec. How does it differ from European spec? Not much I would imagine.

Welcome Nico.

Uldis,

Acoording to the Exige/Elise Service bullitin 2005/4 it’s called a Cross-brace. This brace is standard on the 240R and optional for other MK2 Exiges. Putting it on photo is difficult as the diffuser is blocking free view. If you want I can scan the pages of the SB with the drawings.

Regards,

Nico

That would be interesting.

I wonder if it’s something the S1 would benefit from, or inherently to the S2 design.
Would you post the scan?

Uldis,

As you can’t post scans on this BBS I mailed you the scans.

Regards,

Nico van Steen

Got them!

It’s actually a pretty good idea. Basically a brace that reinforces the weak side of the toe link kit.
Here:

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Uldis/sbcrossbarpt1.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Uldis/sbcrossbarpt2.jpg[/image]

Yeah i like the idea of that as well!!!

Sean…

I wonder if it’s something the S1 would benefit from, or inherently to the S2 design.

Uldis - did you get any answers to this question?

The package for the 2006 Exige have changed considerably. The auxillairy driving lights are not standard anymore (got confirmed through lotus today). Besides that there are 4 option packages now:
Touring package
Super touring package (American style with airbags, cupholders, US interior, etc. )
Sports package (incl. tgraction control)
Super sport package

I have no idea if or how these packages differ from the UK.

In the super sport you get the adjustable front anti roll bar. This bar is a solid one and not hollow as the standard one.

As for shocks I didn’t mean the Ohlins. I have the Nitron kit (shocks and springs) installed upon delivery.

Nico

Nico

are you binning the upgraded Bilstein dampers that come as part of the track pack - SEE HERE ?

Uldis - did you get any answers to this question?

According to Russell Gibbons (Lotus MS) he saw no need on the S1 for something like this.

Having worked on both he was under the impression that the S2’s spherical joints were slightly weaker than the rose joints used by the S1 kit, and that in all the racing he saw with the S1 he never saw an issue with the upgraded one.

He also got the impression the S2 needed a little help because he felt the subframe is slightly weaker (?!).

In short, he sees no harm on trying something like this on the S1, but no need either.

Perhaps its the extra weight that causes extra load, so virtually weaker rather than actually.

Ian

Perhaps its the extra weight that causes extra load, so virtually weaker rather than actually.

Ian

Hmmm extra weight… With or without the driver?

Nico

Nico

are you binning the upgraded Bilstein dampers that come as part of the track pack - > SEE HERE > ?

The sportspack doesn’t feature the upgraded Biltstein’s. Only the Super sportpackage does. But to be perfectly honest, I haven’t discussed keeping the original dampers during the buying proces. Trade in of the stock alloys was agreed upon, but we never thought of this. Good idea at least to obtain these for own use (either backup or sale).

Nico

The rear strut brace was standard on my 2005 car with performance pack.