Goodwood

Great weekend at Goodwood FOS , loads of Elise’s in the car parks but not many Exiges , the 311 looked awesome but very pricey .
The old man had his Minardi M189 there and Pierluigi Martini who came 5th in the 1989 British GP In this car drove it on Saturday , Reberto Moreno also drove it , just uploaded the gopro clips
:clap:

Awesome stuff, looks like it’s playing in fast forward for the start of that climb.
Thanks for sharing…

Yeah Martini was properly quick and then slowed down before the flint wall , not bad considering he hadn’t done it before or driven the car since 89 , it should have had full wets on really, he’s a really nice bloke and loved driving the M189 again .

Yeah, watched about 10 hours live over Friday to Sunday via FOS website - totally awesome!!!

Excellent :thumbup:

There Friday with the boy. Really enjoyed it, but prefer the revival

Fantastic, it looks a proper animal of a car to drive and makes the course look incredibly narrow!

I have been to FOS a few times but not the revival , do they have F1 cars ?

Yes but of the era, ie of a time when you and I still weren’t thought of. They occasionally have 60s 70s F1s as demos or celebrations. It’s far too eclectic to try to explain, you’ve got to experience it and dress up ( nothing too fancy unless you’ve got an old Gestappo uniform you’re gagging to show off)

The SS uniform is in the wash , sounds cool , love the cars from that era .

That Minardi is one of my all-time favourite F1 cars. Sadly, I only have a boxed model.

Yeah it’s a beautiful car , it’s absolutely mint and correct now after a long restoration .

Some more pics :

Stunning :sunglasses:

I love the pic of Martini signing the car,…gold dust.

If you and your Dad are ever running/testing one of the cars somewhere you should post up here as I’m sure there’d be interest for an exiges.com day out to come and a have a look and get close to such awesome machines.

I probably should of said about Goodwood earlier but it’s been a bit hectic getting the car there , hats off to all the private owners that get there cars and bikes to FOS and run them at there own cost .
The next event or test I will let you know before hand, Giancarlo Minardi is trying to get all the cars back together on a circuit in Italy later this year , fingers crossed that comes off .