Goodbye Picasso, hello Dolly!

Bloody hell - Gav is joining the old gits club -welcome :laughing:

Well it is my 40th birthday present to myself.

Roll on 50!

Subtle stripes look good on the Evora Gav :wink:

To be perfectly honest, i really didnt want to sell the Cup car but the chance to own one of the GTEs was far too great a temptation not to go for it.

I made the decison that if i pull in all the strings I can just about afford it (the jnr, superrare, supercar for the working manā€¦), but meant losing the V6.

What has made the whole ā€œselling the V6 Cup carā€ easier for me though was meeting the new owner yesterday.

I nipped over to drop the docs off and he happened to call in the dealers even though he isnt due to collect it until next weekend. We had actually met some years ago and he knew me from the forums ( he had chopped in an S2 exige against it). Turns out he lives less than 20 miles away from me and the car is staying local, which considereing there are less than 120 Cup cars in the world (that includes the Rā€™s) was nice to hear. We spent an hour or so together as i told him the history behind the No13 car build and went through all the safety kit and stuff.

I still have the original exhaust at work which i was going to drop over to the dealers next week but he is actually coming across himeslf to pick up and see the rest of my collection. Also when the GTE arrives we agreed to meet up and get the two together. He has also agreed that if he ever comes to sell (had his exige 7 yrs) that he would offer it back to me first.

It couldnt have been a more strees free way to give one of my babies away and so pleased to see the new owner in love with the car as much as I am. Makes me rememeber just why owning a lotus is so special.

I was thinking the same Tim. Perhaps just a matt finished stripe of the same colour or a shade either side.

Keep the thoughts coming inā€¦

I do like the plain look though - the blue doesnt do it for me but the clean look does.

Nice one!

I must admit that over the past few years Iā€™ve enjoyed "touring"more than trackdays (all relative as Iā€™m fortunate to have done quite a lot of both), particularly on the Continent (thanks SJW).

Enjoy every moment Gav - you never know what obstacles may lie ahead, although hopefully none!

Lovely looking car that Gav, I do love those wheels also. Iā€™d go for a subtle stripe in the lacquer.

What about the interior Gav, do you have bespoke options? Iā€™ve seen pics of the one at B&C which has a normal Evora interior - the GT350 needs something a bit special like the GTEā€™s had.

Brilliant Gav. I personally would prefer without stripes, but I do like Tims matt jobbies.

Gav, very envious, although personally Iā€™m not a fan of the gte carbon door cards but it makes yours looks a lot more GTE than the ones with the standard interior. Are you sure you dont want that motorsport 400bhp engine? :laughing: Being honest 350 is enough for the road. Cant wait to see it in the flesh.

Gav

That really is lovely!

Youā€™ve got the best taste when it comes to Lotus liveries Gav, I think Lotus should use you as a consultant.

I really like the silver with the anthracite wheels, and then the shiny black and matt-grey/anthracite details (logos, wing endplates etc). I think the stripes are not necessary and something subtler may work better.

I know whatever you decide it will be awesome :sunglasses:

Nice Gav ! - That interior is stunningā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be changing that!

Stripes in the lacquer could be great as suggested aboveā€¦

What about a single off centre stripe?

Wow! Congratulations, looks like a purposeful bit of kit! :clap:

Cheers guys!

Ok so here is the big choice.

I can pretty much have it how I like with regards to the interior.

I can keep all the carbon, can go with a std evora interior or mix it up between the two.

The carbon panels are delicious but i have been warned they will scratch easily, and the fit isnt so good, rattles etc, cant guarentee the seals wont leakā€¦

Its a tough one no question. If the car were going into a museum then id leave it exactly how it is now. But i want to use it and take it away on jaunts with the missus for weekends and the like so it needs ti be a useable car for the money its costing

I think it will end up a combo of std evora and certain carbon panels kept.

As I say its still tbc, but its my intention to keep it as much GTE as it can be without compromising on the longterm ownership of it. Decisions, decisions!

Can the carbon panels not have some protective wrap to help with scratches?

This - surely if they are taking all the panels out, itā€™d be easy to get the wrapped in the car protection film stuff without ruining the look too much?

could be a good idea guys, like I say its a keeper so I have to get it right and get it right first time. much thought and deliberation needed.

yeah you can get shield thatā€™s UV blocking too, stops the carbon going green