Good day at Emerald yesterday

It does indeed, that’s why the RR session went no higher than 8850. Simon may well take the car back for a fresh power run to 9500 to see where (if) the power peaks. At 8850 it is still climbing sharply and the torque is only falling marginally.

Dave

i bottled it way before that 9500 is asking for short engine life.
8500 on the dyno, was starting to sound painful when we did ours

good man though, gotta love people pushing the limits.!

I have just spoken with Paul Ivey at REC since I was ordering some valves.

He says he hasn’t spoken with SE for some time, 5 or 6 weeks he thinks, he says he has not told SE or anyone else that I have used 34.5mm valves, nor would he.

He confirms that I have used the 33.5mm ones which were commissioned by me on 22/10/1999 as a direct replacement for the 'orrible K8 ones used in a number of heads produced by another tuner. They then became a stock part. The 34.5mm ‘Touring car’ valves were ordered on 11/6/2004, nearly 5 years later.

Simon, just where is all this garbage being spun from? surely you must know it is all easily disproven?

The mind boggles.

Dave

Simon

Again you are incorrect.

Categorically I have never had any 34.5mm valves from REC. Either for use in my engines or to supply to anyone else. If you listen to tittle-tattle and regard it as gospel, more fool you.

Categorically… Simon’s engine does not use a BTCC cylinder head. It uses a standard MS2 cylinder head with bigger inserts.

Quote from the first posting in this thread which I know you have read since you have quoted from it.

“The head work was discussed and I undertook some experimental port work together with some fairly large valves (specially made for me and now available as a stock REC part) with larger inserts in the VHPD head.”

Simon Thornley’s original posting here which I also know you have read states quite clearly that we used an MS2 casting modified sometime ago , I believe before the BTCC heads were cast.

Since you have read this original posting and have read mine and yet have stated that the engine uses a BTCC casting I can only conclude that you have made a deliberately false statement in order to deceive the readers of this thread, or of course you could be suffering from selective amnesia. But it looks pretty cut and dried to me.

As ever, if you are going to post on a public forum please stick to the facts that you know to be true and stop making them up to suit your own twisted agenda. Just about everthing you have posted here has been shown to be absolute rubbish. I too have a barrister looking at your posts, fortunately for me she is a family member and her services will cost me nothing.

When I can stop her laughing for long enough I will canvass her opinions.

Some text from earlier in this thread.

“Still it’s only a matter of time before you shoot yourself in the foot again.”

“Maybe you’d like to post some more made up rubbish Simon… some more holes in your foot would look fetching.”

Seems like we have some more.

"Don’t post crap Simon, I know you are keen to spit venom, just make sure you get your facts right… I suppose an apology is too much to ask for :slight_smile:))

Shoot, foot, to, in , oneself, the…
Arse, making, oneself, an , of…

I have better things to do than to show the innacuracies in your posts, if you cant post anything that contributes then dont post at all. What was the purpose of the posting?"

Deja-vu, groundhog day, ever decreasing circles… sound familiar?

Now for goodness sake learn something from all this stupidity and wake up to yourself.

I am off on holiday and really cant be bothered wasting any more time on your peurile rubbish.

I’m sure readers of this thread have seen enough to make their own minds up about your agenda.

Dave

P.S. below is the dictionary definition of a lie.

a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive b : an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker

and the dictionary definition of a liar.

one that tells lies

Think on that for a while and reflect that I am not easily angered.

Here is a copy of the relevant parts of Simon Thornley’s original post

"I would like to say on record that I hold Dave in the highest esteem, his work that he has done for me & other fellow engine development engineers & competitors back at Longbridge is of the highest standard & on top of that he is a genuinely top bloke.

The top ends on all my sprint engines owe something to Dave, whether just free info & advice
from his legendary web pages or actually rectifying my best attempts at porting a big valve head.
I commissioned Dave to port a MS2 head 2 seasons back from a new casting, the head was a work of art & was bench tested for flow back at Longbridge whilst it was in been 'ultra-sealed. The flow results were outstanding.

Please don’t ask for the flow rates as I don’t have them.

Sadly I never had the chance to run this head due to the fact I was suffering a dire traction problem with the car (Westfield) using list 1a tyres on the existing engines ouput.

The traction problem is now mostly sorted (if it ever can be on 1a’s!!!) by increasing the anti squat geo. so I’m now on the search for more power.
Needless to say the first person I spoke too in my search was Dave.
Without going into too many details Dave will be doing some additional work on the head which will involve the fitting of larger inserts. He will also be helping out with the bottom end including piston machining. I have high expectations & I know Dave can be relied on to deliver on quality, cost & timing."

A quote I often use on BBS boards…

Do not feed the trolls…

Nuff said.

Simon,

Most of the information you have posted here about Simon Thornley’s engine has been shown to be utter nonsense.

from your statement you have no idea about Simon’s engine other than what I/Simon has told you and you are now trying to contradict. You are obviously making it up as you go along.

Simon is a good friend and I will not be dragging his name or details of his engine onto this forum again. Suffice to say he is categorically not happy with you spreading around incorrect information about his engine especially when this could prejudice the rules of the formula in which he is entered.

Ignorance isn’t stupidity Simon, it’s just a question of not knowing what you are talking about.

When ignorance becomes stupidity is when you display your ignorance on a public forum and try to present it as proven fact.

Where this becomes contrary to common law is when you use deliberately incorrect information to try to damage an individual’s or businesses’s standing.

Let this be an end to it Simon.

Do not use Simon Thornley’s name or incorrect details of his engine again on a public forum. If you do, do not be surprised at the reaction or consequences.

Dave

Simon,

You are away with the fairies again.

Dave

Some of you may remember this 1900K owned by Simon Thornley that made 264BHP at the Emerald RR some months back. The power trace was still climbing at the self imposed rev limit of 8850.

Now that the owner has done a seasons worth of events the engine is properly run-in and he decided to take the car back to Emerald for a further series of runs with a raised rev limit of 9250 just to see what the engine would do.

The conclusion is that the engine has too much cam as the power is still climbing at 9250 where the engine made 286BHP.

Needless to say the owner is very pleased, he had said all season that the engine seemed to be improving as the bores settled in.

Next season may see the timing backed off in the mid range to reduce the torque which peaked at 179lb/ft at 6700.

Dave

Bloody Hell Dave, fair play mate, those are some serious numbers!!!

That gives you (286 / 1.9) * 2 = 301bhp to beat Sean.

Yawn… the usual innaccurate rubbish.

Dave

… is a standard production Rover 2 litre engine. One of just 5 blocks…

Errrr, making just 5 blocks doesn’t sound like a standard production engine to me. But if the Chinese were to build it it would be interesting to have a play with one.

Bernard

Simon,

Yet again you are sounding like a spoilt child.

Only a short while ago you were lecturing on Seloc about how the output of an engine was entirely predictable from the airflow on the head. (hint, I did the head for Simons engine).

Now you seem to be saying it’s all down to how the bottom end is built. (Yawn…).

There has been no posturing on this thread other than from you with all the supposition, lies and innaccurate rubbish you have posted to pour scorn.

If you want to know my involvement then you will need to contact the owner… oops I forgot he has asked you never to contact him again… I wonder why. If he wont tell you than I suggest you MYOFB.

The information was posted here so that interested people could see what could be made from a real engine and as a follow up to an earlier posting I made where Simon Thornley promised to take the engine back for further runs. It has yet to peak so with more courage the figure might well go up.

The engine is a 1900 not a 2 litre.

If you have nothing positive to add then kindly go and boil your head. We all know your agenda.

In the meantime I have no further time to spare on your whining.

Dave

If you have nothing positive to add then kindly go and boil your head. We all know your agenda.

In the meantime I have no further time to spare on your whining.

Dave

T*sser.