Get your magnesium Exige wheels here - HURRY!

Did any of you guys know that Gav no longer uses them on his race car, but uses the original Rimstocks intead?

Do you want to know why?

Did any of you guys know that Gav no longer uses them on his race car, but uses the original Rimstocks intead?

Do you want to know why?

Cracked?

He saw Russ fire and decided magnesium was too much a risk ?

They probably broke loads of them over the curbs, I’ve had that before with Mag wheels.

I’d be surprised if it was that, they’re really quite solid items and started life as a rally design.

I like AndyD’s thought!

Ian

Sorry, didn’t mean to alarm anyone, it’s really just me being a bit mischievous

However, Gav has indeed reverted to the Rimstocks, because the 5 spoke design of the Speedlines was causing excessive heat to knacker the wheel bearings, now that this season they run on slicks & not the Yoko 48s.

So, in “the real world”, I don’t think mere mortals will have this problem - but no doubt Uldis will have a bloody good attempt

Also, if you damage the outer coating, get it fixed straight away mag corrosion is not nice, it just crumbles away

Anybody want some Rimstocks ?

If the words “want some” implies free, then yes please

Anybody want some Rimstocks ?

I’ll see Phil offer of nothing and raise it to… What do you want for them?

no doubt Uldis will have a bloody good attempt

Now I know if my bearings don’t fail, I’m not trying hard enough

Also, if you damage the outer coating, get it fixed straight away mag corrosion is not nice, it just crumbles away

In fact, if you look in the underside of the wheels, you’ll see they’re scarcely painted.
I will spray paint those unpainted areas on mine to minimize possible corrosion.

no doubt Uldis will have a bloody good attempt

Now I know if my bearings don’t fail, I’m not trying hard enough

Red flag & bull, spring to mind, amigo

In fact, if you look in the underside of the wheels, you’ll see they’re scarcely painted.
I will spray paint those unpainted areas on mine to minimize possible corrosion.

They apparently they have lots of coatings, the top one may be clear. If you have any worries ring David at Speedline. The point where the hub/disk meets the wheel is meant to be untreated for a completely flat seating. A clean up once a year is all that’s meant to be needed for many years of use/abuse (in Uldis’ case).

Ian

A clean up once a year is all that’s meant to be needed for many years of use/abuse (in Uldis’ case).

Hay! I shower more than once a year!

Do I look so knackered?

No comment!

Having seen these on the edwards boys car at donington i thought i would give Mr Williams at speedline a call to see if there was any chance that some more would become available.
Having just got off the phone, he said they have just placed another order with italy and hopefully will be receiving them in 5 or 6 weeks.
I sent him a email confirming that i am interested and he said that would hold a set for me.
I belive he said they had ordered 6 sets so anyone that would like a set should contact him and he will reserve one for them, no deposit necessary.

Christian