Gearbox woes...

Mines at the mechanic at the moment for the same problem , did not feel like tackling the seals after the weeks brake issues so i rather sent it in, but getting the driveshaft out is relatively easy, get someone to help as it makes it easier especially when replacing the shaft as you do not want to damage the new seals. from memory when we replaced the clutch i think it was easier to remove the hub and shaft all in one as you said. We had the clam off though so it made access to the top easier but that should not be a problem for just the seals. And it was not quite the horror story keeping the shaft all in one as the service notes make it sound like when you pull slightly on the shaft the whole joint is going to pull apart, this was not the case, i was quite concerned.

Good luck, and remember to use the force, for confined the space it is

Cheers Jason…

Here is my report of the fun

Cheers fo the tip bri, but too late / not needed

Basically left about 8:30 to my garage… Just got back, job done piece of piss! LOL!

Removed the top wishbone from the hub but ended up removing the damper and spring too as that was in the way then everything just rotated out of the way, the only hope is that I’ve not damaged the tulip part of the driveshaft / CV joint as the hub has roatated away IYSWIM… But there wasn’t any excessive force there and I removed the driveshaft with a big screwdriver behind the tulip and levered it off :up

Used a little screwdriver to get the old seal out then rubber malleted (gently of course!) the new on back in Made sureit was all very flush with the gearbox then back in with the driveshaft…

Now I did struggle getting it back in with the weight of the hub pulling it away but by lining it all up then pushing the hub back up it clicked into place! Phew!

Now it was quicker as it was already up on ramp with the undertray off

Also does anyone have what torque everything needs to go to? 1st, the suspension bolts (top and bottom), then the top wishbone to hub hex nuts… er and I think that’s it? Don’t need it for the wheel speed sensor

Anyone looking to do this, it’s not to tricky but I would recommend a basic understanding of how everything fits together… Next time I’ll take piccies and do a how to…

P.S. Not a single bit of filth on me, rubber gloves and an old proban karting suit, look like a nob cheese but not covered in filth at the end :up

=========================

The force is strong with this one… Mmmmmmm