Gear lever snapped off

Folks
Is this a new one? Driving car on Sunday went to change up from 2nd to 3rd and the gear lever snapped off in my hand!!! The lever itself attaches to a aluminium hexagonal shaft that is welded to the selector linkage and it snapped off at the top of the weld An some people worry about a bit of rust!!!
John

nightmare - presume you’ll be having that done under warranty!

noticed on your site you said “Pioneer DEH-P5530MP CD/MP3/Radio fitted 20/12/04 (a marked improvement on the standard Blaupunkt” - can i ask what improvements you found?

cheers

Better had be!!! Going to LRV later.

noticed on your site you said “Pioneer DEH-P5530MP CD/MP3/Radio fitted 20/12/04 (a marked improvement on the standard Blaupunkt” - can i ask what improvements you found?

Overall sound quality even using the crap speakers as supplied with the car, although I do intend to upgrade the fronts (can’t get to the rears coz of the harness mounting crossbar). Plus it’s an mp3 player.
John

Jaycee

Surprised you can hear anything over the noise made by that hairdryer you had in the boot at Anglesey yesterday IIRC, it was the yellow version of this:

[image]Welcome franceandus.com - BlueHost.com

PS As you are as follickly challenged as moi, I don’t know why you had a hairdryer with you in the first place

Sorry Pesk you lost me on that one
will drop the mole grips off later when I get back.
John

will drop the mole grips off later when I get back.
John

Cheers

The mole’s crapping itself now