G'day guys!

Still riding Pete,still got the bikes, but need more(N+ 1)

130 miles this week

Good for you mate!

Totally envious actually. I miss my running… worth at least 2 seconds a lap in less weight!!

Hope we can catch up. :exclamation:

So!

Back in the UK! :sunglasses:

It’s been a busy 2 weeks… my daughter arrived to visit from the USA, 3 days after I had landed in from OZ! Opposite jet lag lol!!

After she left, I managed to conclude the deal to purchase this lovely Elise S1 ‘Type 49’! :>) It’s a real minter, 9,000 miles, all paperwork etc since new. First registered 01/01/2000. Number 16 of 49 made. Very pleased and this WILL be staying with me… promise!

Came with the OEM mats and especially the red and black Alcantara steering wheel, that so many have had replaced with the red leather. Even has the original stereo CASSETTE player!! :clap:

No plans to do anything to it other than perhaps a 2ubular exhaust and some Nitron NTR’s. (Mmm, maybe also some mild DVA work!!)

Will be keeping the red Koni dampers and exhaust that come off so I can ‘revert’ it to 100% original if needs be! In due course, once I am back semi-permanently, the tyres will also be replaced… Pirelli’s are probably a bit hard by now!

No track days in this one!, I guess it will be a pseudo ‘garage queen’ that I can enjoy on sunny summer days and hopefully meet up with fellow Exiger’s etc for a pint at a pub! Maybe also a curry lol!

Cheers guys,

Pete :smiley:

Great looking car Pete, nice choice. Enjoy it.

Welcome back, that looks lovely

Very nice sir!

Love that Pete!

Few of us up at Donny on Fri 28/7 if you fancy popping up to show it off…

Cheers guys!

Details please Ben?

Lovely looking car, Pete. Those colours do suit the Elise.
The Donny plan might be a runner as Jabbs, Ted, and I will be heading that way en route to Silverstone Classic. Would be good if we can drop in but will have to check with J and T

That looks absolutely stunning Pete - without doubt the Gold Leaf livery suits the S1 Elise to a tee :smiley: - enjoy, and keep hold.

Picked up my S1 Elise last week - must be something in the Exiges.com water :lolno:

Another one!!!

So the rumours of your increasing garage size are obviously true!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Silverstone Classic! Now that sounds like a plan mate!

Need to keep the miles ‘local’ on the Elise… I can see a trailer coming soon!!! :lolno:

That is bloody lovely mate

Pete, if the Classic sounds like a plan, I’m yer man.
I have a two-day (Sat/Sun) adult ticket that will be going spare, if you’d like it?
It cost me £47 but I’m open to offers and could hand over at Donny if you make it, or post to you in advance.

Great looking Elise Pete.

You will be paranoid about hitting 10k miles now like I was getting to 15k in Shrek :slight_smile:

PM sent mate :wink:

Cheers Bud!

I am VERY pleased to have found it… great condition and this suits my ‘stage’ now perfectly!!!

Perhaps I will drive it up to leave with you… to weave some of your amazing restoration magic on it as well!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Gagging to see the Exige progress in the flesh. :sunglasses:

Hi Guys,

Quick note. Sadly my Mum passed away last night back in Melbourne.

She was 95, so has had a great innings.

I am off back to Oz tomorrow or Saturday.

Will catch up when I am back in the UK again… when??

Take care and drive safe,

Pete.

Pete, sorry to hear, but you have the right attitude. Be happy she had a long and good life.

Make sure you enjoy your lovely Type 49 to the full when you return to the UK.

Take care fella

Cheers Tim,

Yes to yours… and all of what you and others may also say… (no need for replies, my post was really to explain why I will ‘disappear’ after coming on-line again…)

Appreciated guys.

Pete