Garage makeover

I’ve posted this on Facebook, so you may have already seen it, but thought I’d share here too. New home for the cars was completed recently. I’ve kind of gone all-in with Lotus!

Video: https://youtu.be/1hH89md3_20

451831607_10162018111364747_1326320453844776071_n

11 Likes

Looks amazing……… :star_struck: :star_struck::star_struck:

Any tips on painting the block walls, did you spray them? Also, how are you finding the floor tiles? I’ve been looking at a similar type from https://tuff-tile.com

My garage build hasn’t progressed for a year or two while I’m busy on the house. If it looks anywhere near as nice as yours I’ll be a happy bunny :+1:

The breeze block walls were sprayed - much better than attempting to roller them. Tiles were really easy to put down. I had a handy-man helper as I am useless at all this stuff, but is very DIY-able (if you have the equipment).

Copied from facebook again… Tiles and lights were from Tuff Tiles in Northern Ireland. The neon sign was from the far east (but purported to be in Scotland, so that was disappointing.) Posters and art work from a variety of places. One I received through attending the Classic Team Lotus Garden Party. A bunch of special memorabilia on display from CTL too. This is not normally kept in the garage - just there for photo purposes, so don’t get any ideas!
Sockets and switches are from Fulbrook Electrical. Trunking from Screwfix. Paint (including BRG (RAL 6005), Valspar Eagle’s Mark (the lighter green), and Vivid Imagination yellow) from the custom paint mix at B&Q.

Thanks for the info :+1:

I’ll probably go down the spray route, got a whole house to paint as well as the garage. I might invest in a machine and sell it on when I’m done.

Loving the memorabilia, I’ve got some of the original signs from the Lotus factory ready to go on the wall. Will have to update my garage build thread once I’ve made more progress.

I’m jealous of those signs. I have some stock stuff you can get online, but not so much anything that’s a bit special.

Looks stunning, good work.:+1:
The only thing I’d change is the lights (I’m in the lighting industry). I don’t get the current fasination with them. They cover the cars with bright lines rather than illuminating the car to enhance its lines, details and colour.

1 Like

Man cave envy!

Wife says I’m not to get ideas…

4 Likes

Hi John

Iwe met at the Exige meet in Leeds earlier in the year, as you are in the lighting industry can I be cheekily and pick you brains?

My garage ceiling follows the slope of the roof is 4.8m in the middle and 2.4m at the eaves (great for a car lift!) I currently have 2 twin T5 five foot fittings what would you recommend LED light fitting wise without costing a fortune.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill,

Good to hear from you.

Drop me an email at [email protected]

When I’m back at work Monday, I’ll drop you an email back with my recommendations.