Front towing post

How easy is it to fit a new towing post? I know on the Elises its supposed to be a clam off job!

Background is my towing eye will not screw into the post, it just slides straight through! Dealer (2.5 hours away) has said they will send one down as its easy to fit… is it though?

Cheers

Might be easier to tap out a new oversize thread and replace the towing eye?

Agree!

You’d need to grab the nut on the other side of the crash structure and that’ll be difficult.

Unless an S2 is different

Sounds like a right pain. It might be easier to get one of those fabric tethers race cars use and keep it for if the need arises until your next service. Just loop the fabric around the post and through its self. Just a thought.

Been looking at this as my post has gone rusty
Reckon its a clam off job as the fixing nuts are welded to the cross bar bit, and there is no way to get to the bolts.
Sounds like the dealer may have misunderstood you, maybe he’s just sending the tow eye bit.

Sounds like the dealer may have misunderstood you, maybe he’s just sending the tow eye bit.

Nope, definitely sending the post jobbie, he had a look at one in the showroom and says the S2 is different and easy to do.

My mechanical abilities are on a par with my knowledge of nuclear physiscs so this should be fun!