Front brake discs

What sort of milage do you tend get out of the front discs in just normal everyday driving with maybe the odd track day thrown in now and again?

Cheers.

Also, what sort of lip is acceptable, 1 or 2 mm?, before it’s too much wear?

New discs are 26mm, wear limit is 24mm. Really need to measure them with a micrometer or similar. Mine measure 24.7 so will replace at next pad change.

What sort of milage you done for them to be at that mate?

I’m going to check mine with a micrometer in the AM. Will report what I find. The car has only done 8000K some I would hope it’s on the original discs.

I suspect the fronts are “one track day” away from replacement and the rears are “half a lifetime”.

I’m prob. going to replace the fronts anyway. Thinking about ali-belled AP’s and some 4 pots or maybe the EP belled discs and twin-pots which would save a bit of cash!

I know everyone says you don’t need them for road use but they haven’t seen the roads I blast at 5am on a Sunday

3000 miles on PP big brake kit with RS14 pads, a few track evenings but otherwise light service, front brakes 25.5mm, rears 25.7mm. On that basis fronts will go maximum 12000 miles and rears 20000 miles, but I suspect a proper 8 hr trackday or 2 will take them down a lot quicker than that.
Strange thing is, the discs seem to be wearing down faster than the pads, these 14s are pretty savage.

the discs seem to be wearing down faster than the pads, these 14s are pretty savage.

That is one helluva understatement