From the Start..

Right thinking about replacing my track day toy with the new S2. A few questions that i’d like answered by you kind people if possible please. If i bought a new car other than have the motorsport upgrade package is there anything i’d need to spend more money on? I refer to the suspension, brtakes and exhaust system mainly. Do they do a roll cage option? Or is my best bet to take a look at one of the second hand S1s that a motorsport company on this site is offering?

…Ian S

If it is a track day toy you want the get an S1.

Phil is that in regard to Engine performance or set up?

Set-up - the S1 is much more track orientated then the S2

You can do so much more with an S1 as far as tuning goes, just have a good read on this BBS

We have both an S1 and S2 and for the road you cant beat the S2

Phil I have tried reading but you boys have loaded the BBs to the brim and the search engine isn’t so easy to use. Any no nos when I go looking for a S1?

Hi Sutters,

no, not really, apart from the obvious, like crash damage, etc.
The chassis is a glued on aluminum structure that cannot be repaired (don’t listen to a guy called Evosal).
Engine can be whatever shape you want, as there are sevral tuning options, including its complete replcement if you wish for a Honda or Audi.

Real men stick to a VHPD though

Brownie points if it’s got: harnesses, Nitrons (shocks), 190BHP, other brake disks (not std, as they are made of cheese), Emerald ECU, Ultra Close Ratio box or LSD (nice!), etc.
You will most likely work on the brakes, tyres and throttle linkage (adjustment, several horses have been found that way) to start with.
Don’t worry if the car has been tracked, more if it’s been maintained properly.
If it’s a car belonging to a member of this site, you’ll be able to follow its story here.

But 1st: get a pax drive on one. Next track day?

PS - Do not blag a ride on Mike Lane’s car. It is not from this planet and may very well cause mental imbalance (meet Mike).

Do not blag a ride on Mike Lane’s car. It is not from this planet and may very well cause mental imbalance (meet Mike).

ROFLOL

Sorry, Mr Lane, Sir…
It’s not my fault, it was that Mexican - he made me laugh

PS - Do not blag a ride on Mike Lane’s car. It is not from this planet and may very well cause mental imbalance (meet Mike).

It’s a 320bhp(ish) Audi turbo engined Exige - ouch!

Zondas wonder which way it went.

Ian

I’m fast going mad !!!