Forza motorsport XBOX

Mr Soggster is right. I’ve bought a USB cable adapter (only a few quid) so I can hook up a keyboard to my Xbox (and run Linux !)

I can hook up a keyboard to my Xbox (and run Linux !)

I’d ask “Why?” if I wasn’t scared of the answer!

Surely Exiges.com isn’t running from an Xbox!?!!

Ian

The answer is “because I can”… hehe.

It was just an exercise to turn this “gaming console” into a Unix box… quite cool to run ICQ/MSN/FireFox etc on it (given the Xbox doesn’t have surfing software as standard)

Sadly, even with a USB adaptor, you’re surely not going to get a true force feedback wheel to work properly with Forza. I seriously doubt it’s been coded to provide any feedback data out to the wheel

It’s a shame because the Logitech wheel is fantastic with GT4.

Maybe Microsoft will address this oversight with the new XBox 360 (Coming soon!)

Ah, I’ll have to get one of them jobbies me thinks! Having a keyboard would be bliss to get some more music on there and being able to name the tracks! Why oh why doesn’t it connect to the CDDB I’ll never know!

What is this DRIVATAR all about ? I’ve done a few of the exercises, scoring 80-90% on most of the corners, how does that translate into the game ? Do you just send your Drivatar to run a race for you ? Do you have to watch the race or can you fast forward it ?

How far have others got in the game… I’m on level 8 so far.

XBMC does connect to CDDB

I’m on level 20, and some of the races are getting quite hard now, althugh I’m a tight wad and don’t spend much on uprating the cars, saving my cash for an Exige modding fest.

I’ve not used the Driverta or whatever it is. I think it lets you do some of the longer races on autopilot or something…can’t see the point. Really impressed with Forza now, just seems to get better and better.

I think I’m on level 12-13… I hadn’t noticed that you could turn off the TCS/STM and get higher points on the early levels… I just assumed they were switched on because it was the amateur levels… D’OH… and I’m damned if I’m going back and doing them !!

I’ve just done the Convertible race at Laguna Seca in a Mugen Honda… mucho tailout fun !

Hi all - Using Wallsy’s loggin, hope that ok

Have always wanted to connect the Microsoft Sidewinder wheel to the X-box. I have yet to see or use a wheel that is so robust and can take the amount of abuse thats its had. Anyway what exactly would I need to achieve this and where can you get the neccessary bits from.

Cheers G

Not used the sindewinder, sorry. Must be something on the net about it somewhere.

I’ve turned everything off except ABS. That Mugen Honda is pretty cool, most of it seems to be adjustable, like suspension and stuff, good to tweak. I Think I put a turbo on mine to win a particular race lateron, 400bhp, well sideways.

Had some more gaming last night, that Mugen S2000 sure does like to get the tail out… OK, so it meant I had the other cars up my chuff for the entire race, but I think I went round the circuit entirely sideways !

I’ve weakened and have modified my Hemi Challenger/Charger with slicks and a tune-up… the upside to this is that I walk off into the distance even on full difficulty settings, meaning it pays for itself easily