Ford GT

Fab - can’t be far short of £175k right? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Probably and the rest.

More here
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ford-gt-detroit-motor-show-2015-01-12

Well that just looks bloody awesome

Looks like someone reversed an Evora into a Lambo

Prefer the new nsx!

Looks like a warmed-over version of the Ford GT90 concept from 20 years ago.

See other post - http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18693

If the NSX is £100k that’ll be nice.

My original one cost £3500.00 :slight_smile: but that was 100 years ago :cry: .

Prefer the NSX but prefer even more my Exige !!! cant beat our £s for fun ratio :laughing: :lolno:

Another nice looker!

Wow couldn’t have predicted how much the Exiges community the would rate the NSX. Thought that Exige owners would be less conservative. NSX looks like a hybrid R8. Have you seen the back end on this. Love it or hate it at least it’s a bit nuts. Will more than happily eat these words if an NSX comes my way. fingers crossed.

Am I understanding you right Will, you’re saying we more like the duller of the two?

Lookswise the GT probably has it but that chassis layout of the NSX (and the legend of the previous one, the GTs legend has long since expired in terms of follow-up naming) has piqued my interest.

Let’s see how they drive. :smiley:

I think the Ford looks too big to be any kind of real contender, not sure the need to make the outside of cars so big now, when the inside of sports cars is so small still, that was certainly the case for the GT40

In the case of rally cars that debate has been around safety; moving the driver/passengers further inside the vehicle.

Thats a niche requirement though. You could make rally cars have internal and external roll cages and cars with external air bags. That just seems like an odd argument to justify cars getting bigger, when smaller, lighter is our mantra.

Hmm, not sure/convinced.
What’s going on next to the side air intakes? Just looks like a massive wall of whatever the body is made out of, unless it feeds through over the engine bay?

Pete it’s like the Anti R8 and for that reason I’d buy jt tomorrow. Lol its Stonking and proper left field too!

I think a Ford GT needs a V8. I don’t think a V6 is gonna cut it.

Really not that keen on it tbh,I loved the one before it and wished I’d bought one a few years ago when I could have just about managed to afford it…