Forcedfed Sport 275 and Race 400

Hello Guys,
These packages are coming to an authorized Prodrive dealer near you soon…:slight_smile:

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102007

Brett.

Hi Brett:

Well… I have to say I’m very curious about this conversion.

I have read your previous posts, but I couldn’t find any mention to the in-curve car’s behaviour. I saw the acceleration clip, but couldn’t find any hint on the car’s “natural” behaviour, i.e. not in a straight line.

Can you give us more feedback on that aspect Brett?

I’m asking you this because here, in Europe, there’s a preconception that US tunners are all about numbers and straight line acceleration, while we value more the car’s handling and behaviour.

Thanks

Jose

In the Queen’s money that’s about �5k for 85 more horsies. If you keep it at that for the UK you may get some takers.

Ian

If I read it correctly, it’s for S2 Exige owners right (Toyota lump) rather than S1 owners ?

Won’t it be more than �5 once you add on taxes and what not?

Brett did ask me if I wanted to take his first kit - Was well up for it but the misses has found a smaller RichB in her belly so I’m holding off for now. Hope somebody takes him up on the offer though - Brett - do you have anyone yet?

Rich

If I read it correctly, it’s for S2 Exige owners right (Toyota lump) rather than S1 owners ?

I believe you are correct.

Ian

How easilly will the Elise/Exige chassis accomodate 400bhp? I appreciate that it is a stiff, strong chassis, but what is the upper-limit power-wise that it can take without being put under undue strain?

Looking forward to seeing what the 400bhp Elise will look like.

Pretty laggy I would imagine…

Pretty laggy I would imagine…

The Sport 275 edition gets full boost at 2600 rpms and the Race 400 gets full boost at 3500rpms.:slight_smile: Not laggy at all.

Brett.

So Brett,

Just out of interest, what would it cost, and when could the work be done, to put the 275 turbo into my new S2…I like the car plenty as is, but who wouldn’t be interested in more power?

-robert

Brett, it’s all very well getting full boost at X rpm. But what happens when you lift off and then reapply the throttle - as in cornering. You can’t break the laws of physics. Big power + little engine = big turbo. Big turbo = longer spool up time = lag. In a quarter mile drag no problem, but on a track it’s a different story. In saying that, yes you can adapt. I know Randy who drives an 850hp Nissan Le Mans Monster has learn to cope by getting on the throttle early to allow for the lag.

Brett, it’s all very well getting full boost at X rpm. But what happens when you lift off and then reapply the throttle - as in cornering. You can’t break the laws of physics. Big power + little engine = big turbo. Big turbo = longer spool up time = lag. In a quarter mile drag no problem, but on a track it’s a different story. In saying that, yes you can adapt. I know Randy who drives an 850hp Nissan Le Mans Monster has learn to cope by getting on the throttle early to allow for the lag.

No lag on the 275 version…PERIOD. Full boost in any gear immediately. When Geoff has a demo car in the UK please arrange a test driver, don’t take my word for it. Turbo sizing and exhaust manifold design and sizing is vital to fast spool and great power production. There is nothing I can type to convince you that the car is doing what I say it does. A test drive will take care of that!

You can email Geoff at [email protected] for all of your UK/Euro inquires. We hope to have a late summer availabilty of our packages for you guys.

Brett.

Yep, modern turbo’s are great! Very unlaggy

Just ask the Audi brigade too

Yep, modern turbo’s are great! Very unlaggy

Just ask the Audi brigade too

\

No lag on the 275 version…PERIOD. Full boost in any gear immediately

How does that work then… for there to be no lag, the turbos would have to be spinning permanently …

There maybe no major noticeable lag… but there must be SOME lag ?

No lag on the 275 version…PERIOD. Full boost in any gear immediately

How does that work then… for there to be no lag, the turbos would have to be spinning permanently …

It works by prper;y designing the system to have the shortest piping, tiny turbo and very small, high velocity runners. This all adds up to touch the throttle, instant boost. The full 7 psi is available from 2600rpm, 2-3psi from 1500rpm. The car makes boost out of gear! That is a well designed system. Of course the Race 400 is not as quick to spool and does have quite the same zing because of the larger turbo charger. Howeever it is no more laggy than an Evo VIII MR.

Please drop Geoff an email if you guys have questions on availability and pricing. Thanks fella’s.
There maybe no major noticeable lag… but there must be SOME lag ?