Forcedfed Race 400 Video (with spin!)

Here is a video of on of our Car and Driver runs at their event. Unfortunately we had to run with street tires at this shootout, and the road course looked like a minefield! Not good. Enjoy the video guys.

http://www.cpdserver.com/elisetalk/video/ForcedFed/forcedfed400-spin.wmv

Brett.

Brett

Why the f00kk did you run Toyo tyres at this event… that’s plain daft !!! - why not use the Advan’s that are standard equipment for the elise ? are these not legal street tyres in US ?? Or what about A048’s ??

It wasn’t because they gave you them for free was it ??.. you prolly won’t answer that trully if i’m correct but anyway, Toyo’s must have hurt your grip, braking, accelleration, cornering blah balh…

Brett

Why the f00kk did you run Toyo tyres at this event… that’s plain daft !!! - why not use the Advan’s that are standard equipment for the elise ? are these not legal street tyres in US ?? Or what about A048’s ??

It wasn’t because they gave you them for free was it ??.. you prolly won’t answer that trully if i’m correct but anyway, Toyo’s must have hurt your grip, braking, accelleration, cornering blah balh…

We did not run the Toyo’s we wanted to : R888 soft compounds. We had to run a street tire with a tread wear rating over 140 for this event. That meant no Advans or Toyos for us. We went with a BFG KD tire which was not well suited to our car.

We are going to Thunderhill Raceway on the 27th of July and hope to have some better in car video with some proper rubber on the car.

http://thunderhill.com/html/trackmap.html

Brett.

ahh… well good luck at thunderhill… the car looks like a handfull all the way round with much sawing at the wheel…

don’t Michelin own BFG…

That car looks like an evil monster. Would be interesting to watch that clip again with some sound.

That car looks like an evil monster. Would be interesting to watch that clip again with some sound.

I thought the same Randy, so had another look a mo’ ago and its now got sound…

cheers Brett

Just watched this again with sound… Bloody hell, how amusing. That thing certainly has some poke!

I think some work on the boost control and car setup is needed along with a healthy dose of driver training… that said the vids wouldn’t be so much fun if wasn’t such a loony mobile .