Flexi exhaust blowing

Just putting the cat back in preparation for the MOT and noticed a slight blow from the flexi section of the exhaust, has anybody any recommendations for obtaining a replacement. Eliseparts quote �289+vat , I’m hoping thats just a typo as they quote the manifold to be only �70.

Cheers
Dave

That’s what I thought but it’s acutall MINUS �289 fromt he total price

Should end up ~�100.

Do it before it melts you gearlinkage and inner CV boot!

Cheers Mark, Just checked again and works out at �106 plus p+p. Anyone know of any cheaper sources before I bight the bullet.

Just do it, it’s about the same yu’ll pay elsewhere, give or take 5 quid.
And you need it now.

I know your right Uldis, I think it must be the fact that I’ve been living in Scotland for so long, I was just hoping to save a few quid

I know your right Uldis, I think it must be the fact that I’ve been living in Scotland for so long, I was just hoping to save a few quid

Try Blink Motorsport - as they swap K series out for Honda they might have a stock of good secondhand ones?

Cheers Steve will give them a call, on a side note can anyone tell me is the flexi bit of the exhaust specific to the vhp engine or do all K series have it fitted.

Specific to the VHPD, basically a Janspeed sport exhaust manifold.
The Exige and 340R had it from factory, and is low quality stainless.
Janspeed sells a much nicer looking one, exactly the same but better stainless, shinier material.

Dave

did you get one ?

Hi Mike
I eventually got one from Elise-parts, not had the time or the inclination to fit it yet, as I’m feed up lying on the drive in the pouring rain working under cars (think I’m getting a bit too old), and if it carries on raining as it has been for the last month I’m thinking It might be a while yet before I do fit it. Anyway it gave me an excuse for not going out at KH last weekend Which was a better excuse than I heard from a fellow Exiger who sat around all morning waiting for it to dry out, so he didn�t have to change from slicks to wet’s, Yeah, like KH is ever going to be dry after August me thinks he needs to have a better look through my book of excuses.

Dave,

Don’t know what you’re talking about there but I’d like a look at that excuse book at some point. I obviously need some new ones

I was enjoying watching some tv while waiting for the weather to change. I even watched the weater forecast and it said the rain was going off

The car just ends up at the next track day with the same tyres it finished the last one with as far as I’m concerned I’m just too lazy to change them unless I absolutely have to

Mike

Mike, You know I semi retire in a couple of weeks, and will be looking for some sort of employment, well I’m thinking you could take me on as your trackday spanner man, then you wouldn’t have to change your wheels yourself, I’d even stop trying to steal your spare set and let you have my extra set for some intermediates, just think you could even spend more time sat in the car watching TV

Dave

Sounds like a great plan.

How much notice do you need for each trackday?

Mike

For KH… Dave could probably go one better and tell you when it’s on… saving you the hassle of looking it up

and pay for it too

Mike

and pay for it too

Mike

Dont think the dole will quite stretch to that
Anyone want a copy of the big issue.