Fixings and Fasteners

Have long observed that Lotus do not use the highest quality fixings and fasteners on their vehicles.Am considering embarking on a long term programme of systematically replacing all suspect screws, nuts, bolts etc with more durable components, probably stainless steel where applicable.Has anyone done this to their Exige and what tips can anyone offer in this regard?

Hethel, I acquired a complete set of SS fixings from someone when I had my Elise, but I cannot remember who. it was from the Elise BBs, if you ask there, someone will pipe up.

If you find out can you please post it here.Cheers, Ian [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

quote:Originally posted by Hethel Merman:Have long observed that Lotus do not use the highest quality fixings and fasteners on their vehicles.Am considering embarking on a long term programme of systematically replacing all suspect screws, nuts, bolts etc with more durable components, probably stainless steel where applicable.Has anyone done this to their Exige and what tips can anyone offer in this regard?Or post the question on seloc.org Many Elise owners have replaced their bolts etc… and they will be able to tell you how many and what type for the whole of the car

RussWas it Owen, pre Race Speed days? I can’t see anything on the Race Speed site, but it is a pain to navigate!!!

It was Kevin somebody, I tried to get some off him a short while ago and failed.Eliseparts do some of them, alternatively get hold of the parts manual and you can source a good replacement from any fixings company - I have a catalogue from ‘Vehicle Wiring Products’…Cheers

Kevin’s handle was/is HairyDuck…I got a set of his replacement stainless steel nuts and bolts and they were excellent. Only problem is keeping them on the vehicle - every time they go to the dealer a different one is replaced with a standard!