Fitting braided brake hoses...

Hey chaps… is this doable without removing the front clam ?

If not, is a front clam removal easy ?? Any guides anywhere (there’s an S2 wiki for it on SELOC, but can’t see an S1)

Dave

As you’ve got a proper Exige, there’s no need to remove the front clam

Hehe…had to get a proper one didn’t I Rob…none of this heavyweight, badly styled S2 nonsense

Hi fella - I took mine off to do hoses and refurb the suspension. I also shot blasted and repainted the tow post, replaced most of the fastenings and gave it a jolly good going over.

Based on my experience it would be a cow’s c&nt to do it without taking the clam off but I am a mechanicing numpty…well just a numpty really

How easy is it to remove the clam matey ?

Based on my experience it would be a cow’s c&nt to do it without taking the clam off but I am a mechanicing numpty…well just a numpty really

Got mine fitted at the factory, but I’m sure they didn’t need to take the clam off by the size of the bill! Aren’t the inside connectors inside the wheelarch?

How easy is it to remove the clam matey ?

Front clam is simple. I can have mine off in 15 minutes on my own. I reckon no more than 45 minutes if it is your first time.

You dont need to take the clam off - but you do need a fair degree of patiance as its one flat at a time with an open ended spanner to undo and tighten up due to the small access hole that is there.

To take the front clam off means taking front spoiler off, undoing all the bolts ( making sure you dont loose any spacers fitted and noting where they are ), undoing loom connector on Drivers side, removing bonnet ( marking where its bolted for getting alignment correct), … then find someone to help you lift it off.

Work out for yourself which is easier because once the clam is off you still have the same access hole

Work out for yourself which is easier because once the clam is off you still have the same access hole

From what your saying Andy its sounds like a pair of birds knickers…

Take them off or just move them to the side…

Decisions, decisions??

Decisions, decisions??

Take them off.

Take them off.

Agreed - you shouldn’t be wearing them in the first place!

Decisions, decisions??

Take them off.

Depends if it is a duck, swan or goose - if so, leave them on as it is difficult to get them over webbed feet.

A wader, such as an Oystercatcher, can be just slipped down to knee height as the longer legs help.

HTH

Depends if it is a duck, swan or goose - if so, leave them on as it is difficult to get them over webbed feet.

A wader, such as an Oystercatcher, can be just slipped down to knee height as the longer legs help.

HTH

Have you been talking to Bill Oddie?

Oh god, what have I done buying a Lotus… look what Lotus ownership does to your mental state !!

\

Decisions, decisions??

Moving to one side is definately quicker, its just potentially more painful as there is less space

When moving to the side, I find the lacey edge can chaffe some what. In fact I would susspect under full load the added friction could spontaniously combust your pubes!!!

That must be a first Sean…

…a girlfriend of yours wearing underwear.

Yup, they normally wear a couple of pointy ears and a touch of slaver running down the side of the mouth.

Yup, they normally wear a couple of pointy ears and a touch of slaver running down the side of the mouth.

Just showed that to Helen, she’s gonna kill ya!!!

Is it OK if she does it after Sunday?