First track day

As a newbie of a month,and still getting used to the S1 going around corners,ive just booked up my first track day,at Bedford in May.Are there any must have mods like braided hoses,uprated discs/pads etc you need to tack it round the track?

If we are only talking essentials here, then I would list the following to enable you to have a good day.

Pagid RS14 pads
Castrol SRF fluid
Braided brake lines

There is nothing worse than not having confidence in your brakes, and the mods above will assure a good firm pedal for your whole session.

Other than that, make sure your car is running OK with no little gremlins (as little gremlins on the road turn into big ones on the track).

I guess the next question is one of budget, I’m sure a lot of people can list mods in order of importnace that will gradually empty your wallet.

As a newbie of a month,and still getting used to the S1 going around corners,ive just booked up my first track day,at Bedford in May.Are there any must have mods like braided hoses,uprated discs/pads etc you need to tack it round the track?

If it’s the LOT day then come and give me a shout and I’ll take you out for a few passenger laps.
As for the brakes, a set of SBS pads, some of Geary’s discs and decent fluid (SRF is overkill IMHO) will see you okay.
However you don’t ‘need’ to change all this stuff, it will just make your braking better on the day.

burra

you don’t need any of that stuff… just go and enjoy yourself, drive inside your limits and everything will be fine.

that’s not to say - don’t get it tho’ because it would improve your braking… but you don’t need it

I did my first track day in a stock (ish 190) S1 and to be honest, natural caution and nervusness meant that it was a while before I started to geta feel for the cars potential.

Adding the afore mentioned upgrades will help as Pesky says but unless youare really starting to push the envelope you probably wouldnt get the benefit initially… thats not to say that if you have a few hundred quid burning a hole in your pocket that its a bad idea… just a matter of time…

Yes it is th LOT track day,so i`ll give you a shout cheers.I think the first mod will be the brakes,thanks for the info