first service for my exige s2

booked my car in at merrits of amersham, which was not the dealership i bought my car from, apart from not realising i wanted to wait whilst it was serviced,this problem was resolved quickly with a loan car at short notice, they then said they would do the few things i had as delivery faults under warranty! what a result they sorted out the niggles,and i collected my car 2 days later all sorted out, the cost of the service was �67.00 the staff at merrits were very friendly and helpfull, this dealership has only been opened a total of 8 weeks ,it is good to see they are trying to give a customer focussed approach , i would recommened them as ,i found them to be brilliant

If only all services cost �67.

Great colour - there were four S2 Exiges at Spa and the Krypton Green really stood out. Nice choice Trudy.

Hi Trudy - �67 ?! Wow !!! I had my first service last week at Peter Smith Sports Cars and it cost me �99 !!!

Still have a couple of niggles too - like a squeak from over my right shoulder somewhere, sounds like 2 panels rubbing. The DAB stereo has never worked either in DAB mode. PSSC replaced all the aerial parts, but cannot fix the problem, so I have an appointment with a Lotus Engineer 3rd week of September…

Maybe I should go to Amersham !

Yep I habe the same rattling/squeak noise in my car -I spoke to a factory engineer and all the demos they brought down to B&C a couple of weeks ago had extra foam layer to prevent it. The build chappie from lotus is coming down to have a look in a couple of weeks -apparently a common problem. So far the only niggle though

A rattle and a squeak

Now if you had an S1 - you wouldnt hear them

…a squeak from over my right shoulder somewhere…

LOL - my S1 use to do that! It’s clearly retained some of its soul.

Ian

Heh heh heh…and there was me thinking it was a built in feature of the S2…

Squeaks?

For once, when the mechanic says “They all do that”, he is 100% correct.

yep, erm…I mean yip…

Ally, how are things?
not missing yer old beast then?
laters,
B

Talking of Yips, it is defo the S1 dampers that cause the yips - Maggsy is borrowing my old S1 dampers on his elise, and guess what ???

Yip Yip Yip !!!

Talking of Yips, it is defo the S1 dampers that cause the yips - Maggsy is borrowing my old S1 dampers on his elise, and guess what ???

Yip Yip Yip !!!

yip…

Hi Bruno, I’m fine mate. All the better for having driven at Spa (and Zand) a few weeks ago. You gotta make sure to be there next year. Absolutely-fuckin-fantastic!

I do miss having a roof and windscreen occasionally that’s for sure. Getting 100% soaked is only funny the first time.

Everything going OK with you and your Exige?

I’m up for an Exiges.com outing to Spa next year.

As posted elsewhere, when’s the Knockhill date (I’m still hoping to be there).

Ian

I’m up for an Exiges.com outing to Spa next year.

As posted elsewhere, when’s the Knockhill date (I’m still hoping to be there).

Ian

Good plan Ian - lets choose a dry day at Spa though

I’d love to get to Knockhill, but schedules this year are killing the fun

Will be at Aintree on the 2nd October for a blast though …

…lets choose a dry day at Spa though

I thought that was impossible to plan. You can even have different weather on different parts of the circuit!

Still want to go though.

Ian

Ally, wow, that must have been bombastic
Spa is still on me list as well…
yep, everything cool on this side, the Socts trip was brill with no let down of the beast and passenger
all the best
Bruno

Ian, yeah looks like the Evo date at Knockhill has been changed to Nov 7. Wouldn;t be surprised if that’s cancelled too as people are less likely to book when the weather will almost certainly be wet, cold and miserable there.

Glad to hear you had a good trip Bruno. The weather couldn;t have been any worse than our burn up the highland roads last time.

Ally, he-he, as a matter of fact it was exactly the opposite, not even any “sheep marks” on the beast this time we even went swimming on South Uist
and storming over Glen Coe was even better in dry conditions this time
laters,
B