first road trip

My wife and I took the Exige up to Sonoma for the weekend for a weekend at a bed and breakfast. The car got a LOT of attention, including people putting out of traffic to check the car out while filling up and people hanging out of car windows at 60mph on the freeway to point camera phones. We were both pleasantly surprised how comfortable the car is on longer drives and that we could fit both backpacks and four bottles of wine in the boot, with room for another two bottles.

I just went over 500 miles today, so I’m still breaking her in, but the car is incredible. The Mustang is significantly faster in a straight line, but it feels like a lump of lead by comparison in the corners. I can push the Exige out of turns using amounts of power that would easily bring the Mustang’s rear around and at higher speeds, the Exige starts to feel heavier while the Mustang starts to feel like it’s going to take off and fly.

A couple of new pictures:

[image]http://pics.scc.mi.org/2006/20060118_lotus_exige/IMG_4350_Sm.jpg[/image]

[image]http://pics.scc.mi.org/2006/20060118_lotus_exige/IMG_4351_Sm.jpg[/image]

wow - compared to the weather out of my window this morning, I’m really jealous .

Car looks great in that light - although the colour might have been better suited to a Florida resident.

You didn’t get to go to the raceway there did you?

I can push the Exige out of turns using amounts of power that would easily bring the Mustang’s rear around and at higher speeds, the Exige starts to feel heavier while the Mustang starts to feel like it’s going to take off and fly.

Just wait till you get it on track! It’ll get even most special then.

Ian

Wheels are very nice.

I got snapped by people with camera phones all last summer. Even parked outside the bloody Chip shop! If it’s like that over here goodness knows what its like in the states as its a tad bigger than our little Island and there’s only a handful of Exiges!

I know i’ll get lambasted for saying this by fellow S1 oweners but your S2 looks fabulous in Chrome Orange!

Didn’t realise the USA version had a fridge in the boot to keep the wine cool!

I know i’ll get lambasted for saying this by fellow S1 oweners but your S2 looks fabulous in Chrome Orange!

No you wont mate it’s the best colour for any Exige (apart from Scandal/Krypton Green which is also horny…and blue eh Mr Pesky )

You didn’t get to go to the raceway there did you?

We did stop at Infineon on the way home to buy driving shoes but I wound up having to order the ones I wanted, so they probably won’t be here for the autoX on Feb. 25th.