First Foot on the Slippery slope of modification..

Hi all

I have finally put my first big toe into the pool of the abyss known as modification…

Well, simple really… I finally got braided hoses fitted to my brakes and whislt its not a mod that should result in any disadvantage or reliability hassle it is my first move…

Anyway, I was also glad to get the brake & clutch fluid replaced but I found two things when I was in there…

1. I need a piston seal (rubber boot over the caliper piston) for the rear drivers side. ANyone know where I can get one?? I have tried Lotus, and Renault (where I ordered various parts including a whole caliper - but its not the right thing… )

2. My front drivers side caliper is bonded onto the upright by virtue of the lower allen bolt being ‘corroded’ into the caliper - it seems to be freely rotating in the thread of the upright but won’t extract from the caliper… any ideas about removing this? although I think its probably a no-brainer.

Get a piece of wood and hammer

Mike

Which part number did you try Renault with, the number I have is 77 01 205 496, this number was on the BBS some time ago, price then was 14.70+vat

Dave

Mike
Which part number did you try Renault with, the number I have is 77 01 205 496, this number was on the BBS some time ago, price then was 14.70+vat
Dave

Dave
This is a slide repair kit and doesn’t include the piston seal - the bit i want of course… .

Also, the Renault Caliper it comes off IS NOT THE SAME AS OURS - it looks similar BUT IS NOT THE SAME … trust me I have a new one in my garage right now !!

Anyone got a url link to any BREMBO people?? who would be friendly enough to sell me the piston seal ??

Mike,

googling a bit nd found the Brembo site.
They have a phone number but in Italy.
I could call them on monday (Italian is no problem to me), or you could send them a message on this link.

Try the message first and let’s see on monday if I need to call them.

Uldis

Uldis

I already did that but they haven’t replied… we’ll see how it goes… Also on Google I couldn’t find any sensible links which would lead me to somewhere in UK that does Brembo servicing… there seems to be plenty for AP but not for Brembo.

I was hoping someone around here would have a contact … or knowledge of somewhere that services Brembo Calipers… surely I’m not the ONLY person EVER to have needed a rear caliper serviced ?? I mean its the same caliper that’s on elise S1 (and S2 i think !!)… or does everyone just let their dealer sort it out??

HELP guys… if you can ??? ehh… ??

Rox

You could try Pete Croney of Scoobysport, he has been dealing with Brembo for years. I’m sure that he will be well known to your mate Mr Stewart aka Mr Knockhill

Pesky

Many thanks for that… I’ll give him a call this week.